The recipe which I am going to share today is a very famous Mexican dish and is Called Tinga de Pollo. It is also known as Chicken Tinga. This recipe is basically from Mexico but its name is taken from the Spanish language. The recipe is very delicious and easy to make. So let’s get started and make this Tinga de Pollo.
One day, I was reading a food magazine and I saw this recipe. I was very much interested in this recipe as you all know I love chicken. So I started looking for this in detail and searched for the best way to make this Tinga de Pollo recipe
While I was still looking for a good Tinga de Pollo (Chicken Tinga) recipe, I thought I must take the help of my mom as she is a very good cook. And yes! my thought was correct. She helped me a lot with all the proportions of those ingredients and most importantly the methodology of cooking. She made it very easy for me to understand this recipe and make it on my own.
So, what are waiting for, let’s start making this beautiful Tinga de Pollo at home. But before starting, let’s gather some ingredients that you will need for this Chicken Tinga at home.
Ingredients For Tinga de Pollo
|Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts||2 pc|
|Chicken stock||½ cup|
|Vegetable oil||2 tsp|
|White onions||2 pc|
|Kosher salt||According to taste|
|Corn Tortillas||12 pc|
|Black pepper||1 tsp|
These ingredients listed above will be available in any nearest grocery store. This recipe is easy to make and takes very less time. And for your convenience here is the time distribution shown below
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 min||45 min||55 min|
So, let’s move to a very interesting part of the recipe. By not wasting much of your time here is how you cook delicious Tinga de Pollo (Chicken Tinga)
Tinga de Pollo Recipe
- Take a saucepan and keep it on medium heat, now add the chicken keeping enough water to cover it.
- Add cloves and crushed garlic. Simmer for 12-15 minutes, before the chicken is cooked clean.
- From the pot, remove the chicken, cool slightly, then shred with two forks.
- Take a cast-iron skillet and keep it over medium-high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes into the skillet, stir it and turn about slowly until blackened on all ends, it will take about 6 minutes.
- Add the seared tomatoes and chicken stock, chipotle peppers, nutmeg and cumin to a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Heat up the vegetable oil over medium to high heat in a large pot. Mix the garlic, pepper, and chorizo.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions softened and the chorizo turned a little fat.
- Add the lettuce into this mixture and sauté it for 2 minutes until it softens and a good aroma arises.
- Add the tomato-chili mixture and simmer for 3 minutes, continuously stirring to absorb.
- Add the sliced chicken into the mixture that you made and wait for a boil for about 10-15 minutes until much of the liquid has cooked out.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Serve with sliced avocado on moist corneal tortillas.
After following all these steps, you have finished cooking Tinga de Pollo. Now, serve hot and enjoy with your family. Please try this recipe once at your home.
Nutritional Facts of Tinga de Pollo
The amount of nutrients in this recipe is quite high. This is a very healthy recipe that is free from any kind of health-harming elements. You can enjoy it without any second thoughts in your mind.
How To Make Tinga de Pollo at Home | Video
If you feel you want to know more details about this recipe, don’t worry. Here is a video that will help you with all your doubts and queries.
I hope you have liked this recipe and will definitely try it once at your home. Please tell us about your experience and reviews regarding this recipe in the comment box below.