The recipe which I am going to share today is a very famous Mexican dish and is called Tinga de Pollo. It is also known as Chicken Tinga. It’s very delicious and easy to make.
The Tinga De Polls is a great dish made with chicken and other spices. It originated in Puebla. It is now famous around Mexico and is a wildly loved and popular dish. The literal translation for Tinga de Pollo is “scolding of the chicken.”
To make Tinga De Pollo, put chicken and water in a saucepan. Add cloves and garlic to it and cook for 15 minutes. Sear tomatoes in a skillet. Make a paste with seared tomatoes and peppers. Then heat oil and cook the garlic, pepper, onion, chorizo, and lettuce in it. Then, add the tomato paste and chicken to it. Cook it and serve with avocado and tortilla.
This is just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Baked Chicken Liver– Baked chicken liver is a simple and easy-to-prepare recipe. It uses simple ingredients and gets ready in no time. You just have to bake the chicken liver with seasoning and butter and it is ready.
2. Chinese Coconut Chicken– This is a must-have recipe, which can be enjoyed with rice and veggies. Your family and friends will also love these crispy fried chicken breast tenders coated with coconut sauce.
3. Arroz Rojo– Such an easy yet delicious recipe is what I am here with today. The Mexican Arroz Rojo (Red Rice) is today’s special and I will be your host today to help you in making this recipe at home. Stay tuned and follow me for the best Arroz Rojo recipe at home.
4. Flatlander Chili– Flatlander Chili is a dish made with beef and red beans with herbs. Chili is a Mexican cuisine of spicy stew made of chili peppers, tomatoes, and beans with meat or vegetables.
Tinga De Pollo Recipe
- Cast-Iron Skillet
- Large Pot
- 2 Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
- 2 White Onions (chopped)
- 6 cloves Garlic
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 115 g Chorizo
- 2 Avocados
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 2 teaspoons Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Chicken Stock
- 2 teaspoons Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Nutmeg
- Kosher Salt (according to taste)
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- Take a saucepan and keep it on medium heat. Now, add the chicken keeping enough water to cover it.
- Add cloves and crushed garlic to it. Simmer for 12-15 minutes until the chicken is cooked.
- Then, remove the chicken from the pot. Cool it slightly and the shred it using two forks.
- Take a cast-iron skillet and keep it over medium-high flame for about 2 minutes.
- Put the tomatoes into the skillet. Stir them and turn about slowly for about 6 minutes until they are blackened on all end.
- Add the seared tomatoes, chicken stock, chipotle peppers, nutmeg and cumin to a blender. Mix until smooth.
- Heat up the vegetable oil over medium to high heat in a large pot. Add the garlic, pepper, onion, and chorizo.
- Cook for 2-3 minutes until the onions softened and the chorizo turned a little fat.
- Add the lettuce into this mixture and sauté it for 2 minutes until it softens and a good aroma arises.
- Add the tomato-chili mixture and simmer for 3 minutes, continuously stirring to absorb.
- Add the sliced chicken into the mixture that you made and wait for a boil for about 10-15 minutes until much of the liquid has cooked out.
- Add salt and pepper according to your taste. Serve with sliced avocado on moist corn tortillas.