Well, there are different theories for the name ‘Tin Roof Ice Cream’. So, we won’t be dwelling on that in this article. We would instead focus on learning to make Tin Roof Ice Cream at home and going on fun rides with its incredible texture and taste.
Having said that, this Tin Roof Ice Cream Recipe has milk, vanilla, cream as well as chocolate flavoured peanuts. Moreover, you have fudge ripple as well which would not only enhance your taste but would also bring a wide smile on your face and that of others.
Making Tin Roof Ice Cream at home is really fun. You can listen to songs while this delicious ice cream is in making. Once you taste this Tin Roof Ice cream at your home, I bet there would be no coming back. You would crave for more and more. What can you ask for more?
Beat the heat and please your loved ones by serving them Tin Roof Ice Cream. Relax, you can learn how to make Tin Roof Ice Cream at home by following some simple steps mentioned here. Jump straight to the ultimate homemade Tin Roof Ice Cream Recipe. Enjoy!
Ingredients for making Tin Roof Ice Cream at Home
For Ice cream
|Whole milk||3/4 cup|
|Granulated sugar||3/4 cup|
|Heavy cream||1 1/2 cups|
|Large egg yolks||4|
|Chocolate covered peanuts, chopped||3/4 cup|
For Fudge Ripple
|Granulated sugar||1/4 cup|
|Corn Syrup||2 1/2 tablespoons|
|Unsweetened Dutch-process cocoa||3 tablespoons|
|Vanilla extract||1/4 teaspoon|
How much time would it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time (excluding refrigeration time)|
|20 minutes||30 minutes||50 minutes|
Tin Roof Ice Cream Recipe
For Ice Cream
- Take a saucepan. Let milk, sugar, salt and 1/2 cup of the cream get warm in it.
- Before adding vanilla bean into hot milk, discard the seeds from it.
- Cover with lid and turn off the flame. Leave it undisturbed for vanilla to soak in the warm milk mixture for half an hour.
- Now, turn on the flame and warm the milk mixture again.
- Take a large bowl and add remaining 1 cup of heavy cream into it (with a mesh strainer over the top)
- Take another bowl to mix egg yolks. Into this mixture, add the hot milk mixture along with constant stirring.
- Pour this mixture back into the saucepan. Use a rubber spatula for stirring.
- When you observe mixture getting thickened and the spoon’s back is coated, pour this mixture or custard into a large bowl through a strainer.
- Place in refrigerator for freezing the custard.
For Fudge Ripple
- Take a medium saucepan. Combine sugar, corn syrup, water and cocoa powder in it.
- Over medium heat, stir the mixture continuously until it gets boiled.
- Let it cook for 1 minute while stirring.
- Turn off the flame and add the vanilla as well as stir it.
- Let it chill in the refrigerator.
- As per the manufacturer’s instructions, freeze the ice cream.
- Next, take a medium bowl.
- The ice cream and fudge ripple are to be folded into it with extreme care so that ripple doesn’t get lost.
- Next, the layer of chocolate-covered peanuts is to be added to it.
- Keep in refrigerator for at least 2 hours so that it gets hardened.
- Serve chilled.
Nutritional Information of Tin Roof Ice Cream Recipe
|Saturated fats||13 g|
|Vitamin A||823 IU|
|Vitamin C||1 mg|