If you’re looking for Thunder Cake recipe, then you’re in the right place. Here I will show you can make the best thunder cake ever.
I first came to know about this cake when it was my birthday. My sister was searching for some cake recipes online and she was fascinated with the name of the cake. So she decided to make this wonderful cake for me on that day. Then I asked for the recipe for this tasty cake and she told me about every step.
The main ingredients of Thunder Cake are sugar, eggs, tomato puree, cocoa powder, cake flour and baking soda. Mix sugar, shortening, egg yolks, vanilla, puree and cold water. Then sieve the cake flour, baking soda, cocoa. Mix both and make a batter. Bake the batter for 35-40 minutes and the cake is ready.
This was just a short recipe for making the thunder cake. Out of shortening? Here is the list of shortening substitutes that you can instead.
The full recipe is mentioned below, so make sure you follow the detailed recipe to make the perfect thunder cake ever. If you love cakes, then you should definitely check out the other cake recipes that I’ve handpicked just for you.
1. Strawberry Rhubarb Dump Cake– Made with only 7 ingredients, this simple and easy dump cake recipe with the perfect combination of sweet and tart.
2. Funnel Cake without Milk– Funnel cakes are cakes that do not need to be baked; instead, you have to fry the dough. This no-bake cake will be loved by kids as well as adults. It is a simple and easy recipe to make.
3. Cheese Wheel Cake– The soft, smooth, sweet, and creamy texture of this cheese wheel cake make it amazing. Just like its taste, the looks of this cake is also phenomenal.
4. Garden Harvest Cake– This cake is different from other cakes because it is healthy because of the fact that it has some healthy ingredients in it like Apple, Zucchini and Carrot. And it was so fun to make this cake for the first time.
Ingredients For Thunder Cake
- 1 3⁄4 cups Sugar
- 1 cup Shortening
- 3 Eggs
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- 1⁄3 cup Tomato Puree
- 1 cup Cold Water
- 1⁄2 cup Cocoa Powder
- 2 1⁄2 cups Cake Flour
- 1 1⁄2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 tsp Salt
These are all the ingredients required for making a perfect Thunder Cake. These ingredients are easily available at your nearby supermarket. Now let’s see how much time it will take to make Thunder Cake.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Thunder Cake?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 mins||50 mins||60 mins|
This cake doesn’t take much time to bake and it will be ready within less than 30 minutes. Below are the steps to make this recipe.
Steps to Make Thunder Cake
- First, preheat your oven to 350°F.
- Take two 8 1/2 inch cake pans. Then grease and flour them.
- Now cream together the sugar and shortening.
- Beat the egg yolks and vanilla in a bowl.
- Then mix in the tomato puree and cold water.
- Now beat egg whites into the mixture of tomatoes.
- Sieve the cake flour, baking soda, cocoa and salt. Put this into the wet mixture (eggs and tomato mixture).
- Now pour the batter into the cake pans.
- Bake for almost 35 to 40 minutes.
Your cake is ready! You can frost it with chocolate buttercream icing or top with fresh strawberries.
Nutritional Breakdown of Thunder Cake
Below are the nutritional breakdown of this thunder cake.
How to Make Thunder Cake at Home | Video
If you are having any doubt regarding to the cake recipe, make sure you check the below video.
This cake is very easy to make. But still, if you have any questions regarding this thunder cake, then ask us in the comments section below.