The three bean baked beans are made with, as the name suggests, three different types of beans. It also has different sauces and spices that give it the perfect taste and tang. With the addition of beef and bacon to it, it becomes a hearty meal. Sounds delicious! right?.
I have been eating beans since childhood but when I went for a sleepover in my aunt’s house, she served me this dish. My aunt perfected in making this dish and I have been in love with it ever since. It has a tangy, rich flavor and is healthy too.
To make three-bean baked beans, take ground beef and spread it on the pan. Add bacon and onion to it. Then, add sugar, barbeque sauce, mustard, molasses, chili powder, and salt. Stir it until this mixture is blended. Add beans and bake them in the oven for 1 hour. Then, it’s ready to serve.
To add some more flavor to your baked beans, add some Kitchen Bouquet to it. If you don’t have Kitchen Bouquet, here is a list of Kitchen Bouquet substitutes for you.
This was just a quick view of this healthy recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Scottish Stovies– Scottish stovies are usually made from leftover scrap meat and onions and potatoes to aid wastage. The term ‘stovies’ comes from the way the dish is cooked. The potatoes are stewed slowly rather than boiled.
2. Mushroom Risotto– The slow-cooked mushroom risotto is a creamy dish that has some unique flavors and fresh ingredients that make it suitable for everyone. It’s healthy and has all the necessary nutrients along with the goodness of mushrooms.
3. Swamp Cabbage Stew– Swamp Cabbage, Florida’s state tree, is also known as the Hearts of Palm, as it is extracted from the center of the Cabbage PalmTree, otherwise known as the Sabal Palm.
4. Sous Vide Broccoli– Broccoli is one of the vegetables that we should have in our diet. The reason why I am saying this is because Broccoli has some major health benefits like it is a major source for some major nutrients for our body like Vitamin A, C, E, K.
Three-Bean Baked Beans Recipe
- ½ pound Ground Beef
- 5 strips Bacon
- ½ cup Onion (chopped)
- ⅓ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ cup Sugar
- ¼ cup Ketchup
- ¼ cup Barbecue Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Molasses
- 2 tablespoons Mustard
- ½ teaspoon Chili Powder
- 2 cans Pork and Beans
- 1 can Butter Beans
- 1 can Kidney Beans
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Then, take a large skillet.
- Add the ground beef to it and cook it. Add bacon and onion to the skillet. Cook them at medium heat until beef is no longer pink. Then, drain the extra liquid out.
- To the same skillet, add brown sugar, white sugar, barbecue sauce, molasses, mustard, chili powder, and salt. Keep stirring until all of it is blended.
- Now, add all the canned beans to this mixture. Stir the mixture well and transfer it to a baking dish.
- Cover the dish with silver foil. Place it inside the preheated oven and bake it for about 1 hour.