Looking for some gravy recipes for Thanksgiving? Don’t worry; we got this! The easiest, quickest Thomas Keller turkey gravy recipe is here. So smooth, so rich! Turkey gravy is a hearty and delicious recipe made with turkey broth, butter, flour, dried herbs, salt, and pepper. You can serve this gravy either for breakfast or at a Christmas dinner party.
To make this foolproof gravy recipe, you only need a few ingredients. In a skillet, bring all the ingredients together. Simmer on medium heat. We are making a thick gravy, so simmering is important. Lastly, season with parsley, salt, and pepper, and you’re done. Embrace the rich and deep flavors of the turkey gravy.
You need to eliminate all the lumps when making gravy with perfect consistency! To avoid lumping, add turkey broth gradually until the gravy comes to a boil. Once the gravy thickens, you’re good. Moreover, if you wanna add more flavors to your gravy, you can add a touch of vinaigrette, soy sauce, or miso paste for a unique taste.
Are you ready to make a thick, rich, and savory gravy? Try this Thomas Keller turkey gravy recipe, and you will be at a loss for words. Simply follow the recipe instructions and get a list of equipment to use. Also, check out the recipe card and nutritional information in this article. It’s time to prepare a warm delicacy! You can also check out the other best Thomas Keller recipes.
Other Thomas Keller Recipes That You Can Try
- Thomas Keller Butternut Squash Soup
- Thomas Keller Coconut Cake
- Thomas Keller Butter Poached Lobster
- Thomas Keller Chicken Brine Recipe
- Thomas Keller Roast Chicken
- Thomas Keller Pasta Dough
- Thomas Keller Ratatouille
- Thomas Keller Fried Chicken
- Thomas Keller Chocolate Chip Cookie
- Thomas Keller Salmon
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy?
- Skillet – Cook the roux along with the turkey broth in the skillet.
- Container – Transfer the cooked turkey gravy to the container.
- Ladle – Use a ladle to serve the turkey gravy.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||15 Minutes||20 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy?
- Turkey Broth – Turkey broth adds a savory flavor and also base flavorings.
- Unsalted Butter – Cook the roux in unsalted butter to thicken the gravy.
- All-Purpose Flour – Use all-purpose flour to thicken the gravy.
- Parsley- Add parsley for aromatic flavors in the gravy.
- Salt – Add salt as per your taste.
- Black Pepper – Season gravy with salt and pepper for a perfect taste.
Steps To Make Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy
1. Make Roux
Melt butter in the skillet. Stir in flour to make a roux. Cook the mixture for three minutes until it turns a pale golden color.
2. Cook The Broth
Whisk in turkey broth and continue stirring. Make sure no lumps remain. Bring to a boil over medium heat for about ten minutes.
3. Prepare the Gravy
Spice up the broth with some parsley and season with salt and pepper. The gravy is ready. All you need to do is transfer it to the container like a gravy pot and serve it!
How Will Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy Look And Taste Like?
Turkey gravy is thick, creamy, and rich. It has various elements that make it thick and luscious. The taste of the gravy is savory, slightly spicy, and delicious. This turkey gravy tastes like meat with hints of fresh vegetables and aromatic spices. You can enjoy this gravy with any recipe that requires a layer of thick sauce. It pairs great with your mashed potatoes and turkey.
Thomas Keller Turkey Gravy Recipe
- 3 Cup Turkey Broth
- 5 Tablespoon Unsalted Butter
- 5 Tablespoon All-Purpose Flour
- 1/3 Cup Parsley
- 1 Teaspoon Salt
- 1 Teaspoon Black Pepper
- Heat the skillet and melt butter. Stir in flour and cook for 3 minutes to make a roux.
- Then, gradually add turkey broth to the pan.
- Boil gravy for 10 minutes on medium heat. Season with salt, pepper, and parsley.
- When the gravy has thickened, remove the skillet from heat, and your turkey gravy is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is turkey gravy made of?
Turkey gravy is made of turkey broth, butter, all-purpose flour, herbs, salt, and pepper.
What is the secret to good gravy?
A secret to good gravy is having no lumps while cooking.
Is it better to use flour or cornstarch for turkey gravy?
Flour-based gravy holds up better and reheats better. So, prefer using flour rather than cornstarch for turkey gravy.
What can I add to my gravy for flavor?
You can add mushrooms, Worcestershire sauce, soy sauce, and even tomato sauce for adding flavor to your gravy.
What gives depth to gravy?
Adding roasted garlic to the gravy brings intense flavor to the gravy while simmering.
I guarantee you that this turkey gravy adds some extra kick to your lovely Thanksgiving dinner. Follow this recipe for a simple approach to making a delicious gravy.