Most people know how to make roasted chicken but do you about the famous Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe? Thomas Keller is an American chef, cookbook writer, and restaurateur. His chicken roast recipe is world-famous for its brine and juicy chicken.
I learned Thomas Keller’s chicken roast recipe from his cooking show, which he was hosting. His recipe included making a brine for the chicken and roasting the chicken on the bed of root vegetables. This recipe makes a delicious roasted chicken which is served along with the roasted vegetables.
To make Thomas Keller’s chicken roast, make the brine. Pour it over the chicken. Cut the root vegetables, sprinkle salt and oil over them and lay them in a roasting pan. Place the chicken on top and roast the chicken for 25 minutes. Set aside for 30 minutes and serve along with the roasted vegetables.
But before going to the complete recipe, let’s check out some other recipes by some famous chefs.
1. Chef Guy Fieri’s Trash Can Nachos– If you’re a fan of trash can nachos by chef Guy Fieri, then you’re in the right place. You can easily make these nachos at home in just 4 main steps.
2. Gordon Ramsay Peruvian Chicken– I love all things chicken. But when we talk about chicken recipes, nothing beats Gordon Ramsay’s recipe for the Peruvian chicken. Crispy and juicy chicken served along with green sauce and salad, this recipe is a great one to try.
3. Jamie Oliver’s Ricotta Fritters– Jamie Oliver’s ricotta fritters are the dream of every cheese lover. They are made with simple ingredients and the best part about these fritters are they are crispy on the outside yet creamy on the inside.
4. Jamie Oliver’s French Onion Soup– If you are looking for a soup that is creamy, smooth and comforting, look no further. Jamie Oliver’s French soup is smooth with delicious French bread and cheese to make it even better. It has a variety of herbs and is equally delicious and healthy.
Thomas Keller’s Chicken Roast Recipe
- Roasting Pan
- 1 Chicken
- 3 Rutabagas
- 2 Turnips
- 2 Parsnips
- 2 Leeks
- 4 Carrots
- 1 Small Onion
- 8 Red-Skinned Potatoes
- ⅓ Canola Oil
- 1 Lemon
- 5 Lemons
- 6 Bay Leaves
- ½ bunch Parsley
- ½ bunch Fresh Thyme
- ½ cup Honey Clover
- 1 Garlic
- 1 cup Black Peppercorns
- 1 gallon Water
- In a skillet, add all the ingredients for the brine and boil them accordingly. After boiling, remove it from heat and cool it for some time.
- Put the brine in a container and keep it in the refrigerator.
- After the brine has cooled down, pour it over the chicken.
For Root Vegetables
- From the ends, cut the rutabagas into wedges.
- Cut the turnips into wedges and cut off green leaves from leeks.
- Cut the leeks and wash them under warm water. Cut parsnips and carrots into halves as wedges.
- Cut the remaining vegetables into wedges.
- In a roasting pan, combine all the vegetables and sprinkle salt all over it. Add canola oil also in the roasting pan and mix them properly.
For Roasted Chicken
- At 475°F, preheat the oven. Apply butter and salt all over the chicken. In the middle of the vegetable bed, make a nest and place the chicken in it.
- At 400°F, roast the chicken for 20 to 25 minutes.
- Transfer the chicken to the carving board and leave it to rest for 20 to 30 minutes.
- Before you serve the chicken, reheat the vegetables.
- Squeeze lemon over the chicken and arrange the vegetables below the chicken and season with grey salt.