When it comes to getting healthy, juicing is a great way to start. Not only does juicing provide your body with essential nutrients, but it’s also a delicious and convenient way to eat your fruits and vegetables.
If you’re thinking about purchasing a juicer, there are some things you’ll want to keep in mind. This article will discuss the different types of juicers available, as well as the features you should look for when making your purchase. Also, it will give you some tips on how to choose the right juicer for your needs. Let’s get started!
What Can You Make With a Juicer?
A juicer is essentially a machine that separates the juice from the pulp and allows you to get all of the healthy benefits of fruit and vegetable drinks. You can make practically anything with it-from delightful smoothies and juices to tasty soups and sauces. If you enjoy making your homemade foods, getting a juicer will expand your culinary repertoire.
As far as what kind of drinks you can make, the possibilities are endless:
- Smoothies: A great way to drink more veggies (especially green ones like kale or spinach). You will have to look for which juicer to use for smoothies, as not all of them are made equally. Please ensure the vegetables are washed before placing them in the blender; otherwise, some dirt may end up in your drink!
- Juice: Sweet fruits like pineapples and mangoes add a delicious flavor to almost any drink, and fruit juices are a great way to stay hydrated. Make sure you don’t add too much of these, as they can be high in sugar!
- Soup: Many vegetables make great additions to soups. This is a great option if you feel like having something warm or need some extra nutrients on a cold day. Place all the ingredients into your juicer-be sure to peel them first, and blend until smooth. What’s great about this is that you’re getting a nutritious meal without spending hours in the kitchen preparing it!
- Milkshake: Yes, it’s possible to make milkshakes with your juicer! Place ice cream and milk (if desired) in with your fruits and veggies, and blend until smooth.
What To Look For In a Juicer
When it comes to choosing the right juicer for you, there are a few things you’ll want to keep in mind:
- Price: Depending on your budget and what type of juices you’ll be making most often, finding one that fits within your price range will be crucial. If you’re just starting with juicing, getting a cheaper model will allow you to test it out without investing too much money. On the other hand, if this is something that’s going to become an everyday routine, you may want to consider splurging on a pricier juicer-it might pay in the long run!
- Type of Juicer: There are three types of juicers on the market-centrifugal, masticating and twin gear. Centrifugal juicers are usually less expensive than their counterparts, but they also have a much shorter lifespan. Masticating juicers are great for making things like nut butter or sorbets in addition to juice. Twin gear has the highest yield out of all three models-it does require you to cut your fruits and veggies into smaller pieces, however.
- Features: This mainly applies to centrifugal juicers, which often have different features that can make them easier to use or store. Some come with automatic pulp ejection systems that allow you to go straight from juicing to drinking your juice. Others come with extra blades that are finer, meaning you don’t have to cut up your fruits and veggies as much.
- Bowl Size: If you’re looking for a small model, it’s important to get one with a small bowl size-otherwise it will take forever to finish juicing! You can find ones that fit around 1 liter of fruit or veggies, but keep in mind that the larger the bowl size is, the more difficult it will be to clean afterward.
Where Is It Going To Be Used The Most?
Whether you’re looking for a juicer for home or on the go plays an important role when it comes down to buying one. For example, if you plan on taking your juicer with you on the go, it’s important to find ones that are lightweight and easy to take apart. You’ll also want one with a locking mechanism so that the parts won’t fall off mid-juice!
Extra features may not be necessary for home use since messes are less of an issue here. Instead, focus more on getting a product that can effectively juice different kinds of fruits and veggies without too much hassle.
How To Clean One
Once you get your juicer, make sure you clean it immediately after using it. If the juice has already dried onto the machine’s surface, it becomes much harder to clean, and some dirt may remain hidden in small cracks!
- Blender: Sometimes, fruits and veggies can leave a brown residue on the inside or blade of your juicer. Many models come with a special brush to help get into these hard-to-reach areas and remove all that gunk and grime.
- Grater: Most models come with a built-in container for catching pulp; cover this container while extracting the juice and then pour out the contents when finished. If there isn’t one included, you’ll want to line a bowl with a cheesecloth or mesh strainer and then set that over another container to catch the juice.
- Cleaning Brush: There are also tiny brush-like attachments made specifically for cleaning each of the small parts of your machine. This is a great way to get into hard-to-reach areas and ensure all dirt is gone before using it again.
Juicers are a great way to create delicious drinks at home. Juicing can seem intimidating, but you will soon find yourself enjoying it as part of your daily routine with the right juicer. When shopping for one, consider what kind of drinker or juice maker you will primarily use it for – home or on the go? What is your budget like?
Do you want extra features such as an automatic pulp ejection system that allows easy cleanup afterward? The more time spent thinking about these questions before purchasing, the easier using a juicer becomes!