Thickened cream can make any dessert more tasty and delicious. So, here I would like to share with you my favorite recipes to make thickened cream at home.
Thickened cream is actually whipped cream but thicker. For a perfect dessert or to make an awesome pound cake, this cream would be a perfect idea. Thickened cream is mostly used in Mexican cooking. So if you are trying something Mexican today, then this recipe will definitely help you.
All you need is whipping cream and buttermilk to make this thickened cream at home. With just 2 ingredients, you can make this cream at home. You need to heat the cream in a saucepan and add buttermilk to it. Put this cream in a jar and refrigerate for around 4 hours.
This was the overview of the recipe. But I have also shared the detailed steps below for you all. Trust me, once you taste this cream, it will make your dishes more yummy and amazing. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Bourbon Whipped Cream– Bourbon whipped cream is not an average whipped cream. It’s full of flavour and richness. You might know how to make whipped cream but adding a dash of bourbon to it will surely bring out an addictive savour.
2. Vanilla Custard Cups- This recipe will make your tastebuds enjoy a roller coaster ride and you will make this recipe every time you crave something sweet.
3. Sugar Mold- The recipe for this food is simple and will complete in a few minutes. This sweet recipe is the best party recipe that I guess you should prefer.
4. Coconut-Pecan Frosting– If you are a fan of pecans and coconut, you are going to love this decadent and delicious frosting that takes german chocolate cake to the next level.
What's In The Post
Ingredients For Thickened Cream
- 1 cup Whipping Cream
- 1/2 cup Buttermilk
Yes, you only need 2 ingredients for this recipe. But this recipe will take a lot of your time to get prepared. So let’s see how much time you need to invest in making this cream.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Thickened Cream?
Steps to Make Thickened Cream
- Into a small saucepan, pour the cream and set it on low heat and stir thoroughly. Keep it lukewarm, don’t raise more than 100 degrees.
- Take buttermilk and stir it well, then pour it into a glass jar.
- Place the lid on the jar and don’t tighten it and keep it in a warm spot. Set it for 12 to 24 hours for culturing.
- Gently stir it and tighten the lid, then refrigerate for at least 4 hours for complete thickening.
Now you can use this cream in your desserts, pies, or cakes as it’ll make your recipe tastier.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Thickened Cream
Here is the information about the nutrients present in this cream.
How To Make Thickened Cream At Home | Video
I have added this video for your convenience. So if you have any confusion with the recipe, you can watch this video any time and try this recipe at home.
Try this recipe at home and give your feedback in the comment section. If you have any confusion with the recipe, do ask in the comment section as well.