Maharashtrian multigrain thalipeeth is a fried savory pancake made from multigrain flour, vegetables, and spices. It is really delicious and healthy. You can have it for breakfast. It is rich in fiber and protein.
The flour that we use in the Maharashtrian multigrain thalipeeth is called bhajanee. It is made with roasted grains, legumes, and spices. The roasted grains include rice, wheat, pearl millet, and Sorghum millet. The legumes present in the flour are chickpeas and black gram. The spices that are added to the flour are coriander and cumin seeds.
To make Maharashtrian multigrain thalipeeth, mix wheat, rice, sorghum, and pearl millet flour in a bowl. Also, mix chickpea and black gram flour into it. Then, add onions, green chilies, and spices to it. Add some oil and water to it. Mix well to make the dough. Make flat and thin rounds from the dough. Put them on a pan. Cover it and fry each side for 3-4 minutes.
This was just a summary of the recipe. You can find the complete recipe below. But before going to the full recipe, do check out other bread recipes as well.
1. Banh Mi– It is a Vietnamese sandwich made with chicken and full of pickled vegetables. It is a perfect meaty sandwich combined with bright and crunchy homemade pickles stuffed into a fluffy baguette.
2. Chicken Kathi Rolls– Chicken Kathi Roll is a delicious street food that has chicken cooked in different types of spices and vegetables rolled in Roti. You can get this delicious food with ketchup or any kind of chutney.
3. Moong Dal Stuffed Parantha– This parantha is very delicious, easy to make and is one of the best breakfast options you can consider.
4. Chicken Missi Roti– This chicken missi roti is soft, round Indian flatbread made with a combination of chicken, whole wheat flour and gram/chickpea flour and seasoned with Indian spices.
Ingredients Required for Maharashtrian Multigrain Thalipeeth Recipe
|Wheat Flour||1 cup|
|Rice Flour||½ cup|
|Sorghum Flour||½ cup|
|Pearl Millet Flour||½ cup|
|Roasted Split Black Gram flour||½ cup|
|Green Chili (chopped)||3|
|Turmeric Powder||½ teaspoon|
|Cumin Powder||½ teaspoon|
|Coriander Powder||½ teaspoon|
|Oil||2 teaspoon plus more for frying|
|Water||Enough to make dough|
How to make Maharashtrian Multigrain Thalipeeth Recipe
- In a bowl, add the wheat, rice, sorghum, pearl millet, chickpea, and black gram flour.
- Now, add chopped onions, chilies, salt, and turmeric powder, cumin powder, and coriander powder to it.
- Now, add 2 teaspoons of oil and enough water to it. Mix it to make the dough.
- Make small balls of the dough. Put butter paper on a surface and place one ball on it.
- Flatten the dough ball using your hands until it is flat, thin, and round.
- On a preheated pan, add oil and put the flat dough on it. Cover it and cook each side for 3-4 minutes on low flame.
- When the thalipeeth is cooked, transfer it to a plate and serve hot.
How much time it will take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Nutritional Facts Of Maharashtrian Multigrain Thalipeeth Recipe