Thai sweet chilli sauce is a very famous sauce in Asian countries. The recipe suits perfectly with chicken or fish.
The sauce is also known as nam chim kai in Thailand. I came to know about the sauce when I was in Thailand. The sauce is really good and I prefer to have it with grilled fish, spring rolls and chicken wings. You can also use honey or brown syrup in the sauce.
To prepare Thai sweet chili sauce, boil water and vinegar in a saucepan over high heat. Now, stir in sugar, garlic, ginger, Chile pepper and ketchup and simmer for 5 minutes. Then, stir in cornstarch. Cool and the sauce is ready.
Now, it’s time to get started with the step-by-step procedure for the recipe. Before that, check out the other sauce recipes as well.
1. Chicken Demi-Glace– Chicken demi-glace is one of the best sauces to serve with red meats like roasted and grilled steaks.
2. Green Peppercorn Sauce– The main ingredients that are used in the sauce are green peppercorn, brandy and beef broth. The alcohol helps give flavor to the sauce.
3. Hummus Sauce– Hummus sauce is a very healthy and tasty choice of dip. In this post, let’s have a look at the recipe of the hummus sauce that you can easily make at your home.
4. Tomato Basil Pizza Sauce– The tomato basil pizza sauce really makes some awesome pizzas. This version of the sauce has some extra ingredients which make it different than the traditional pizza sauce.
Thai Sweet Chili Sauce Recipe
- 1 cup White Vinegar
- 1 cup Sugar
- 1 cup Water
- 2 tsp Minced Fresh Ginger Root
- 1 tsp Minced Garlic
- 2 tsp Minced Hot Chile Pepper
- 2 tsp Ketchup
- 2 tsp Cornstarch
- Boil water and vinegar in a saucepan over high heat.
- Now, stir in sugar, garlic, ginger, chile pepper and ketchup. Simmer for 5 minutes.
- Then, stir in cornstarch.
- Remove from heat and cool.
- The sauce is ready to serve.
I hope you enjoyed the recipe. When you make the sauce, don’t forget to post your feedback in the comment section below.