Thai peanut and quinoa salad is yet another gem of salads. It contains quinoa and peanuts, which are both known to be beneficial to your health. But other than that, it also has a delicious rich taste. It is also vegan.
This salad from thr Thai cuisine really hits the mark. It has all kinds of textures and tastes. From the fluffy quinoa to the crunchy peanuts; from the tanginess of lime juice to the spice of pepper flakes; from the saltiness of tamari to the sweetness of maple syrup, it really takes your taste buds through a journey.
To make Thai peanut and quinoa salad, you need to cook the quinoa. Then, make the peanut sauce. Put the quinoa in a large bowl and add shredded vegetables like cabbage, carrots, snow peas and green onion. Mix these ingredients and pour the peanut sauce. Toss well and garnish with peanuts.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Scroll down to find the detailed step-by-step recipe of the same. First, let’s go through the list of ingredients.
Ingredients For Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad
- 3/4 cup Quinoa (uncooked)
- 1 1/2 cups Water
- 2 cups Purple Cabbage (shredded)
- 1 cup Carrot (grated)
- 1 cup Snow Peas (thinly sliced)
- 1/2 cup Cilantro (chopped)
- 1/4 cup Green Onion (thinly sliced)
- 1/4 cup Peanuts (chopped, roasted and salted)
For Peanut Sauce
- 1/4 cup Peanut Butter (smooth)
- 3 tablespoons Tamari (reduced-sodium)
- 1 tablespoon Maple Syrup
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Toasted Sesame Oil
- 1 teaspoon Ginger (grated)
- 1 1/2 tablespoons Lime Juice
- Pinch of Red Pepper Flakes
These were the ingredients you need to make this crunchy and healthy salad. Let’s see how much time is needed to make this salad.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||20 Minutes||40 Minutes|
You can make this salad in less than an hour and it has all the goodness and flavor. So, let’s see how you can make this salad at home.
Steps To Make Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad
- Start by rinsing the quinoa. Then, put the rinsed quinoa in a pot with 1 1/2 cups of water. Bring this mixture to a boil and then let it cook on low flame.
- After the quinoa has absorbed the water, remove the pot from heat and let it rest for 5 minutes. Fluff the quinoa and let it cool.
- For the peanut sauce, whisk peanut butter and tamari together in a bowl until smooth.
- Then, add maple syrup, rice vinegar, sesame oil, ginger, lime juice and pepper flakes. Whisk it nicely.
- In a large bowl, put the cooked quinoa. Then, add the shredded cabbage, carrot, snow peas, cilantro and green onion.
- Mix all these ingredients and then pour the peanut sauce. Toss the contents of the bowl, so everything gets covered in the sauce.
- Garnish with peanuts and serve.
The Thai peanut and quinoa salad is ready! Check the table below to see its nutritional value.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad
Here is the nutritional breakdown for this recipe.
How To Make Thai Peanut And Quinoa Salad | Video
If you found any part of the recipe difficult, here is a similar video that’ll help. Check it out!
That was all about the recipe. If you have any suggestions or queries, mention them in the comments and I’ll be sure to get back to you. Till then, happy eating!