I happened to visit one of my friend’s home in late winter for a party. She had made Texas Trash. It was delicious and I couldn’t imagine she had made it all by herself. We had a gala time and I asked her how did she make Texas Trash.
She was much exuberant as everybody praised her for that and was eager to share the Texas Trash Recipe with me. Once at home, I tried to make it on my own and she helped me in its making over facetime. By the next time she visited my home, I surprised her with yummy Texas Trash.
What can be best for home party nibbles than Trash Texas? Texas Trash recipe is a fine embodiment of boldness and hugeness just like Texas City. It is an important snack to be served in either parties or weekend gathering. And a homemade Texas Trash is an absolute delight, to impress your guests with your cooking acumen.
So, here is the salty, spicy and yummy Texas Trash Recipe for you. Enjoy the process thoroughly. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sopa de Tortilla– You will love this recipe and once you made it, then there is no going back. You will try many other Mexican recipes and will explore all the great taste they have.
2. Runza Casserole– Runza is made from yeast bread pockets which consist of cabbage, beef or onions, sauerkraut, and seasoning which you can be made in different shapes and sizes.
3. Burrito Lasagna– Burrito is a Mexican dish that is not only popular in Mexico but is immensely prominent worldwide. Talking about Burrito Lasagna, it is a great meal for weeknights. You can even make this ahead and freeze it till it is the day to be served.
4. Tandoori Cheese Cornflakes– It is a quick breakfast dish that you can make in around 20 minutes. It is also a nice appetizer for small get together and people of all groups love to eat.
Ingredients required for Texas Trash Recipe
|Bite-size corn square cereal||1 (14 ounce) package|
|Crispy rice cereal squares||1 (14 ounce) package|
|Bite size wheat square cereal||1 (14 ounce) package|
|Toasted oat cereal rings||1 (8.9 ounce)|
|Salted mixed nuts||3 cups|
|Mini pretzel twists||1 (15 ounce)|
|Goldfish crackers||2 (6 ounce)|
|Warm(liquid) bacon drippings||1 cup|
|Melted unsalted butter||1 cup|
|Worcestershire sauce||1/4 cup|
|Monosodium glutamate||2 tablespoons|
|Liquid smoke flavoring||2 tablespoons|
|Cayenne pepper||1 tablespoon|
|Seasoned salt||4 tablespoons|
|Chilli powder||4 teaspoons|
|Garlic powder||4 teaspoons|
|Hot pepper sauce||4 teaspoons|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 minutes||2 hours||3 hours 30 minutes|
Texas Trash Recipe
- Take two aluminium roasting pans.
- Combine the first seven ingredients( mentioned in the ingredients table). Be cautious with the cereal, don’t break it.
- Now, take a bowl.
- Mix the remaining ingredients together.
- Cook with some intervals between to stir the mixture.
- Cook until the mixture gets warm, liquid and fully combined.
- Sprinkle hot pepper sauce over the two pans separately containing the mixture of cereal.
- Stir the sauce constantly.
- Without crushing the cereal, add snack mix and seasonings with a slotted spoon. Ensure they get thoroughly coated.
- When the oven has been heated to 250 F or 120 C, let the sauce bake in it.
- While baking, stir at every 15 minutes intervals.
- Stop baking when you see the sauce has been absorbed completely. Also, check if the snack mix has got crispier. Ideally, this baking process would take 2 hours.
- Let it cool down after baking.
- The final step would be storing it. Airtight containers are just for this job.
Nutritional Information of Texas Trash Recipe
|Total fats||18.6 gm|
|Saturated fats||5.8 gm|
|Vitamin A||764 IU|
|Vitamin C||6 mg|