Quicker and easy to make, Texas Toothpicks are a great accompaniment for your precious time spent with your family. These tangy and tasty toothpicks can be served as an appetizer or as a main meal. Since Texas Toothpicks are deeply fried so you need to be careful while making them and keeping the cooking process out of the children’s way.
Every time my family gets time to spend together, Texas Toothpicks are our ultimate choice. We make it together and sing songs. Then we eat it while watching a movie. It has become symbolic of my family’s fun time. We share intimate moments with each other. Definitely, they would brighten you up with their aroma and taste.
I know you would be eager to know how to make Texas Toothpicks at your home. So let’s check out the below listed Texas Toothpicks Recipe.
Ingredients required for Texas Toothpicks Recipe
|All-purpose flour||3/4 cups|
|Onion powder||1/2 teaspoons|
|Kosher salt||1/2 teaspoon|
|Whole milk||1/2 cups|
|Large jalapenos cut into thin strips, veins and seeds removed||8 large|
|Vegetable oil||1 tablespoon|
|Freshly cracked black pepper||seasoning|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes|
Texas Toothpicks Recipe
- Take a shallow bowl.
- Mix flour, paprika, onion powder and salt together.
- Season the mixture with black pepper.
- Take another shallow bowl.
- Mix milk and egg together
- Each strip of jalapeno is to be dredged in egg wash firstly and then in the flour mixture.
- Take a large skillet.
- Heat about 1 tablespoon of vegetable oil over medium-high.
- When the oil gets hot, put jalapeno sticks into it and fry them.
- When they become golden after frying, put them on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt over them immediately.
- This process is to be repeated with remaining jalapeno sticks.
Nutritional Information of Texas Toothpicks Recipe