For summers, these Texas Toothpicks are one of the best appetizers that you can have. So today, I am going to tell you how you can make texas toothpicks at home.
I was about to host a summer party, and I wondered what to serve to my guests, so I searched it on the internet. The first recipe that came to me was Texas Toothpicks. This recipe is delicious and you can make it at home without any fuss.
The main ingredients in texas toothpicks are jalapenos, flour, paprika, milk, onion powder and oil. Mix flour, paprika, onion powder, pepper, salt in a bowl. Now mix milk and egg in another bowl. Then dip jalapeno in the egg and then the flour mixture. Fry them and they are ready.
This was a short recipe but don’t worry; the complete recipe is mentioned below with every detail you need to know to make the perfect texas toothpicks. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Sopa de Tortilla– You will love this recipe and once you made it, then there is no going back. You will try many other Mexican recipes and will explore all the great taste they have.
2. Sweet Potato Dumplings– Sweet Potato Dumplings are delicious and so easy to make. I’ve always loved sweet potatoes. Because sweet potatoes are, well, sweet. You can fry them, bake them, casserole them, or soufflé them.
3. Worm Salt– Mezcal tequila usually comes with a worm in the bottle… pretty gross, but still cool. Some even say it brings good fortune to the lucky person who finds it in his/her glass.
4. Burrito Lasagna– Burrito is a Mexican dish that is not only popular in Mexico but is immensely prominent worldwide. Talking about Burrito Lasagna, it is a great meal for weeknights. You can even make this ahead and freeze it till it is the day to be served.
Ingredients for Texas Toothpicks
- 3/4 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1/2 tsp Onion Powder
- 1 tbsp Paprika
- 1 large Egg
- 1/2 cups Whole Milk
- 1/2 tsp Kosher Salt
- 8 large Large Jalapenos (Cut them into strips, veins and seeds removed)
- 1 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- Black Pepper
These are all the ingredients required for making tangy and tasty texas toothpicks. Now let’s see how much time this recipe will take.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Texas Toothpicks?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes|
Making Texas Toothpicks is very easy and it only takes 5 minutes to cook these toothpicks. Now let’s see the complete step by step instructions to make texas toothpicks.
Steps To Make Texas Toothpicks
- Take a shallow bowl.
- Mix flour, paprika, onion powder and salt together.
- Season the mixture with black pepper.
- Take another shallow bowl.
- Mix milk and egg together.
- Each strip of jalapeno is to be dredged in egg wash firstly and then in the flour mixture.
- Now, take a large skillet and heat 1 tbsp vegetable oil over medium-high.
- When the oil gets hot, put jalapeno sticks into it and fry them.
- When they become golden after frying, put them on a paper towel.
- Sprinkle salt over them immediately.
- This process is to be repeated with the remaining jalapeno sticks.
Nutritional Breakdown of Texas Toothpicks Recipe
For all the people out there who are very conscious about their health, I’ve mentioned the nutritional breakdown of this recipe below.
This was all from our side. Now it’s your turn to make texas toothpicks. We are eagerly waiting for your reviews in the comment section below.