In many cultures, rice is considered an inseparable part of the meal. A steaming bowl of rice can be great comfort food. This recipe of Texas-style Spanish rice will be a hit at your dining table.
Spanish rice is a simple dish with a super simple recipe to make at home. It is also known as Mexican rice. This recipe goes great with all the Tex-Mex meals like enchiladas, tamales, and some others. I can assure once you try this recipe, it will become an all-time favorite meal.
To cook Texas-style Spanish rice, sauté onions, and green peppers in a large skillet with oil. Add rice to it with tomatoes, cumin, salt, turmeric, salt, garlic powder, and water. Bring them all to boil. After that, cover them and cook on a low flame. Serve hot.
This was just an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Zesty Steak Chili– A tender steak chili tastes the best with the perfect blend of flavors. The best steak for making chili is chuck steak. It goes great with the different spices of the chili.
2. Rice Dressing– A rice dressing is a great rice dish you can make with rice. Ground beef or ground pork is used in rice dressing and that is why this recipe is delicious and very easy to make.
3. Bojangles Dirty Rice– Dirty Rice makes a hearty main course with salad as its side. It is a good healthy meal and making it home will make it more nutritional. So let’s make this spicy comfort food at home and satisfy your craving for the Bojangles Dirty Rice.
4. Miami Rice– Miami rice is beneficial for your body as it contains beans that are known for their various nutritional elements present in them. They help in reducing blood pressure and in keeping your bones sturdy.
What's In The Post
Texas Style Spanish Rice Recipe
- ¼ cup Onion (chopped)
- ¼ cup Green Pepper (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons Canola Oil
- 1 cup Long Grain Rice (uncooked)
- ½ cup Tomatoes with Green Chiles (chopped)
- ¼ teaspoon Ground Turmeric
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- 2 cups Water
- 2 tablespoons Fresh Cilantro (chopped)
- In a skillet, sauté onions and green peppers in oil for 2 minutes. Once done, add rice to it and stir.
- Add tomatoes, cumin, salt, turmeric, salt, garlic powder, and water to the skillet. Bring them all to boil. After that, reduce the heat to a minimum.
- Cover and cook the rice for 20 minutes until the water gets absorbed.
- Garnish it with chopped cilantro. Serve hot.