A dish that is an all-rounder meal – for dinner, party, potluck, lunch, and many more occasions is what I will be sharing. Texas style Lasagna is the dish for today.
It is a meal with layers of tortilla, meat and cheese. It is delicious as well as healthy as it is power-packed components like beans, avocados and tomatoes. So, there is no need to worry if your kid does not eat vegetables. Make this recipe and your kid will love it as he won’t be able to know what it consists of. It will give you a taste of Mexican flavors.
Texas Style Lasagna is prepared by cooking the beef and seasoning it with salt, taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce and chiles. Prepare a mixture of eggs and cottage cheese. In a greased baking dish, make layers of tortilla, meat sauce, cheese mixture and Monterey Jack Cheese. Bake it for 30 minutes at 350 degrees. Let it stand for 10 minutes before serving.
So try out this recipe and see how delightful the recipe is. You get more details on the recipe below. Starting with the ingredients, let’s check out what you need to cook this recipe up.
Ingredients For Texas Style Lasagna
- 1-1/2 pounds ground beef
- 1 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) taco seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (15 ounces) tomato sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) chopped green chiles
- 2 cups 4% cottage cheese
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 12 corn tortillas (6 inches) (torn)
- 3-1/2 to 4 cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- Optional toppings: Crushed tortilla chips, salsa and cubed avocado
The ingredients you need to make this recipe are easy to find in any supermarket. Some of them you can even find in your pantry itself. So make sure to look at it in your kitchen first before heading out to the store. Let’s see how much time will this dish needs.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Texas Style Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|40 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
The preparation time for this recipe is an hour. You need some patience to make this recipe. But It will be worth the wait surely. Take note of the steps you need to perform.
Steps To Make Texas Style Lasagna
- Take a large skillet and cook beef in it over medium flame. Cook till it is no longer pink.
- Season it with salt and taco seasoning. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and chiles to it. Cook them uncovered over low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, make a mixture of cottage cheese and eggs.
- Take a baking dish of 13×9 inch and grease it. Layer the dish with half of tortillas, meat sauce, cottage cheese mixture and Monterey Jack Cheese. Repeat this step with each layer.
- Bake it uncovered at temperature of 350 degrees for 30 minutes or until it is bubbly. Then, let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
You can even freeze the lasagna before baking it. Make a dish of lasagna and cover and freeze for 3 months. You can bake following the same baking instructions. Just remember to remove from the freezer 30 minutes prior to baking. Increase the time of baking as per the need to make the thermometer read 160 degrees.
Nutritional Breakdown of Texas Style Lasagna
Let’s check the calorie count for this recipe.
In case you have any doubt regarding the recipe then I have uploaded the video. Watch the video to clear your doubts. If your query is not resolved by the video, then write it up in the comment section below. I will try to solve them. Now give the recipe a try and enjoy your food.