Texas-style lasagna is an all-rounder dish. You can have it for dinner and also make it for a party or potluck. The traditional Italian lasagna is given a Texan twist by using tortillas instead of lasagna sheets. The sheets are layered with a meat sauce, egg mixture, and cheese.
It is a meal with layers of tortilla, meat, and cheese. It is delicious as well as healthy. It is power-packed with healthy components like beans, avocados, and tomatoes. It will give you a taste of Mexican flavors but in an Italian style.
To make Texas-style lasagna, cook the beef with salt, taco seasoning, tomatoes, tomato sauce, and chilies. Then, mix eggs and cottage cheese in a bowl. In a greased baking dish, make layers of tortilla, meat sauce, egg mixture, and cheese and bake it for 30 minutes. Let it rest for 10 minutes then, serve.
So, try out this recipe and see how delightful the recipe is. You get more details on the recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Slow Cooker Lasagna– Of the most popular dishes ever created, homemade lasagna has a different comfort attached to it. It is easy to make, with easily sourced ingredients easily bought from the store.
2. Carne Asada Taco Vampire– This is a gluten-free, egg-free, vegan, and lactose-free dish. It is really healthy and yummy. This can be served with rice or with beans. This hot and spicy dish is Carne Asada Taco Vampire which is a hybrid between a tostada and a taco.
3. Sous Vide Skirt Steak– This Sous Vide Skirt Steak is super tender, flavorful, and evenly cooked edge to edge. The sous vide cooking technique allows you to cook a better steak dinner than the best steakhouse.
4. Butternut Squash Lasagna– Cooking lasagna might look like a task to you. But this recipe will make turn this thought of yours into a myth. It is an easy recipe. You can even make this recipe ahead of the serving day and freeze it.
Ingredients For Texas Style Lasagna
- 1-1/2 pounds Ground Beef
- 1 teaspoon Seasoned Salt
- 1 package (1-1/4 ounces) Taco Seasoning
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (15 ounces) Tomato Sauce
- 1 can (4 ounces) Chopped Green Chilies
- 2 cups 4% Cottage Cheese
- 2 large Eggs (lightly beaten)
- 12 corn Tortillas (6 inches, torn)
- 4 cups Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Crushed Tortilla chips, Salsa and cubed Avocado (optional toppings)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Texas Style Lasagna?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|40 Minutes||30 Minutes||1 Hour 10 Minutes|
Steps To Make Texas Style Lasagna
- Take a large skillet and cook beef in it over medium flame. Cook until it is no longer pink.
- Season it with salt and taco seasoning. Add tomatoes, tomato sauce and chiles to it. Cook them uncovered over low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- In a small bowl, make a mixture of cottage cheese and eggs.
- Take a baking dish of 13×9 inch and grease it. Layer the dish with half of tortillas, meat sauce, cottage cheese mixture and Monterey Jack Cheese. Repeat this step with each layer.
- Bake it uncovered at a temperature of 350o for 30 minutes or until it is bubbly. Then, let it rest for about 10 minutes before serving.
Nutritional Breakdown of Texas Style Lasagna