Cooking a family-friendly recipe is one of the most exciting tasks to perform. So today, I will be sharing the recipe for a Texas stew.
A stew is one such dish that almost everyone loves as a comforting meal. It is a healthy option to cook for everyone in the family. Everyone at my place loves to have stew as one of their meals. Texas stew is one such healthy and easy-to-make stew.
To make Texas stew, cook ground beef in a Dutch oven until it turns brown. Add diced tomatoes, chili beans, corn, and minestrone soup to it. Season it with salt and pepper. Cover and let it cook for 30 minutes. Serve it hot.
Add a little texture to the soup by adding pearl barley to it. If you don’t have pearl barley, then here are some of the substitutes you should use instead.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. You’ll find the complete detailed recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Fabada– Fabada is a great recipe for Spanish cuisine. This recipe is also known as Pork and Beans. It is one of Spain’s traditional recipes. It tastes best when served along with red wine or Asturian cider.
2. Indian Fried Cabbage– This dish is not only quick and easy to make but a healthy option too. If you wonder how to make your kids eat healthy then, this recipe is for you. Not only the kids but even the adults at your place will love to eat this dish.
3. Mongolian Hot Pot– It is made with beef, noodles, mushrooms, vegetables, and different kinds of sauces and spices.
4. Swiss Enchiladas– This is the reason these are called Swiss enchiladas because of the use of dairy in it. Basic enchiladas are made with a tomato-based sauce. In Mexico, people also call this dish Enchiladas Suizas.
Texas Stew Recipe
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 (10 ounces) can Tomatoes with Green Chile Peppers (diced)
- 1 (16 ounces) can Ranch Style Chili Beans
- 1 (15.25 ounce) can Whole Kernel Corn
- 1 (19 ounces) can Minestrone Soup
- Salt and Pepper (to taste)
- Cook ground beef in a Dutch oven over medium heat. Cook it until it turns brown. Then, drain the liquid from it.
- Add diced tomatoes, ranch-style chili, corn with liquid, and minestrone soup to it. Sprinkle salt and pepper as per taste.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for 30 minutes.
- Your Texas stew is ready. Serve hot.