Texas Gold bars are so addictive as they are a combination of cake and cookies. It is a perfect dessert that is simple and unique. Today I am going to share the recipe for this delicious dessert.
When I first heard of it, I was so curious to know about it because of its unique name. Isn’t the name attractive? Then I found out the reason behind the name. It is because of the gold hue look this cake bar has. I am fond of such desserts, which are delightful and beautiful in their own way. I tried this recipe and I can vouch for the addiction to this dessert.
Texas Gold Bars will take an hour to make. To make them, mix the lemon cake mix, egg and butter in the mixer and layer this at the bottom of the baking dish. Make a mixture of cream cheese, eggs, butter, vanilla and lemon zest. Spread this over the previous layer and bake. Once done, cool it and cut.
There are few steps that have to be performed very carefully with proper measurements. To get the perfect texture and taste, follow the detailed recipe coming your way. Let’s get started by collecting the ingredients and follow the instructions. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Texas Pecan Pralines– Pecans are high in fiber and rich in Vitamin E. They are also a great source of zinc. Besides that, they are low in carbs and loaded with healthy fats and protein. This makes it a perfectly healthy food. Even if they are candied, they are still healthy if prepared correctly.
2. Texas Yum Yum– Texas Yum Yum is the best no-bake frozen dessert that you can make at your home. This post will tell you the easiest way to make this dessert and your loved ones will definitely say Yum after eating this.
3. Coconut Black Rice– it is a traditional Thai dessert also known as kao neow dahm. This pudding is all about coconut and it is gluten-free and dairy-free as well. All the coconut fiends will definitely love this pudding.
4. Beignets– You can have these soft and pillowy fried doughnuts without leaving the comfort of your house. This recipe will show you how you can make Beignets at home easily.
Ingredients for Texas Gold Bars
- 1 (15.25-ounce) box Lemon Cake Mix
- 1 cup (2 sticks) Unsalted Butter (melted)
- 3 Large Eggs
- 4 ounces Cream Cheese (softened)
- 4 ounces Mascarpone Cheese (softened)
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla Extract
- 1 teaspoon Lemon Zest
- 16 ounces Confectioner’s Sugar
The ingredients of this recipe are readily accessible in any supermarket. Some of them can be found in your home. So check them first in your pantry and then visit the supermarket. Now let’s see how much time you require to prepare this dish.
How Much Time It Will Take To Prepare Texas Gold Bars?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||45 minutes||65 minutes|
This recipe will take an hour to prepare the dessert. Preparing something sweet and tempting in an hour is a great advantage of this dish. Let’s move onto the instructions to make them.
Steps to Make Texas Gold Bars
- Set the oven on preheat mode at 350°F.
- Till then, coat the baking tray of 9×13 inch using cooking spray.
- Take the bowl of the stand mixer fitted with the paddle attachment. Add lemon cake mix, half of the melted butter and 1 egg. Mix them well till you get the consistency of a cookie dough.
- Transfer it to the baking tray and spread it evenly.
- Take a large bowl. Add cream cheese and mascarpone cheese to it and beat until it gets smooth. To this, add eggs, melted butter, vanilla and lemon zest. Mix them well.
- Now, add confectioner’s sugar and mix till it turn light and fluffy.
- Pour this mixture on the cake base.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until you get the top of the cake light golden and you see some cracks on the crust.
- Cool it down before you serve.
- Cut into bars and serve.
Note– To make a chocolate version of this dessert, use a chocolate cake mix instead of lemon cake mix. I am preparing another batch for this dessert.
Garnish them with icing sugar or nuts. You can make them and store them for later consumption too.
Nutritional Breakdown of Texas Gold Bars
The nutrition a dish provides is very important for us to know. This breakdown of nutrients will help us in keeping fit and healthy. So, take a look at the nutrition value of this recipe.
Try this recipe at home and share your reviews and experience while making the recipe. I will be glad to know your reviews. Also, I would like to hear your suggestions regarding any recipe. Let me know if you like to know about a certain recipe. I will be delighted to help you. Till then, enjoy this dessert.