A soup is not only the perfect appetizer but can also be had as a meal. Today I will be sharing the recipe of Texas black bean soup.
You can choose the desired consistency of the soup as per your preference. To thicken the soup, you have to blend the small quantity of beans to puree and stir them back in the soup. But keep in mind that the soup will become thick itself when resting.
To cook up Texas black bean soup, add black beans, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, mexicorn, green chilies, and all of the condiments in a slow cooker and cook them all up few hours. Check for the consistency of the soup before serving.
This recipe is quite easy, but it is a time-consuming one. You will see the details of the ingredients and quantity in the recipe below. So, please take note of them and get started with the cooking part.
Ingredients For Texas Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) stewed tomatoes or Mexican stewed tomatoes, cut up
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) diced tomatoes or diced tomatoes with mild green chiles
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) chicken broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican corn, drained
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) chopped green chilies
- 4 green onions, thinly sliced
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon dried minced garlic
The ingredients you need for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you want from the supermarket. Also, take a look at the time required to make this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Texas Black Bean Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||4 Hours||4 hours 5 minutes|
It is a time-consuming recipe. But I assure you this recipe will be worth the wait. Let’s see what actually is the time-consuming part of this recipe.
Steps To Make Texas Black Bean Soup
- Take a 3 qt. slow-cooker. Add all the ingredients to it.
- Cover the cooker and cook over high flame for 4-6 hours.
- Check the consistency of the soup as desired.
- Serve hot.
You can serve this soup with some breadsticks.
Nutritional Breakdown of Texas Black Bean Soup
Take a look at the nutrition value of this soup.
How To Make Texas Black Bean Soup At Home | Video
Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded the video of the steps involved in this recipe, so watch it and cook it.
If you have any questions regarding the dish, you can ask in the section below. If you like this recipe and want more such recipes, write some suggestions in the comment section. I will try to get back to you. I hope you will like it. So have fun making them. I would love to hear from you the reviews. Enjoy!