A soup is only the perfect appetizer. One of the best soups is the Texas black bean soup. This Mexican soup is thick and rich with beans, onions, corn, and tomatoes. Today I will be sharing the recipe of this soup.
You can choose the desired consistency of the soup as per your preference. To thicken the soup, you have to blend the small number of beans to puree and stir them back in the soup. But keep in mind that the soup will become thick itself when resting.
To make Texas black bean soup, add black beans, stewed tomatoes, chicken broth, corn, green chilies, and green onions to a slow cooker. Also, add garlic, cumin, chili powder, and salt to it and cook everything in it for about 4 hours. Then, serve it hot.
This recipe is quite easy, but it is a time-consuming one. You will see the details of the ingredients and quantity in the recipe below. So, please take note of them and get started with the cooking part. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Pan Con Tamate– It is a Spanish dish that involves no cooking at all, except making the bread crispy. It is quite a simple recipe that will be loved at parties or as a side dish with a salad.
2. Cock-a-Leekie Soup– Cock-a-Leekie soup is a very tasty and light soup made up of chicken, bacon, vegetables, herbs, and bread. You can imagine that it’s high in nutritional contents and is very healthy, in addition to being hearty and delicious.
3. Matzo Ball Soup– Matzo ball soup is a delicious soup filled with the goodness of vegetables. It is different from the regular chicken soup because of the Matzo balls in it. It is also easy to make and has a unique flavor.
4. Chicken Noodle Soup– Chicken noodle soup is the comfort food for a lot of people, including me. You can eat it for its nutrition or for its taste. It is light, delicious, and easy to make.
Ingredients For Texas Black Bean Soup
- 2 cans (15 ounces each) Black Beans (rinsed, drained)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican Stewed Tomatoes (cut up)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Diced Tomatoes with Mild Green Chilies
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Chicken Broth
- 1 can (11 ounces) Mexican Corn (drained)
- 2 cans (4 ounces each) Green Chilies (chopped)
- 4 Green Onions (thinly sliced)
- 2 to 3 tablespoons Chili Powder
- 1 teaspoon Ground Cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon Garlic (dried, minced)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Texas Black Bean Soup?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||4 Hours||4 hours 5 minutes|
Steps To Make Texas Black Bean Soup
- Take a 3 qt. slow-cooker. Add the beans, corn, chilies, green onions and tomatoes to it. Also, add broth, chili powder, cumin, and garlic to it.
- Close the lid of the cooker and cook the soup at high setting for 4-6 hours.
- After that, check the consistency of the soup. If the soup is at desired consistency, serve it hot.
Nutritional Breakdown of Texas Black Bean Soup