A sandwich tops the list of anytime meals. You can have it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. The recipe I am going to share is for Tex-Mex shredded beef sandwiches.
These sandwiches make a perfect dinner if you have a busy day. It will give you the taste of barbecue and you will love it. You munch it even after coming from the office. You can add vegetables of your liking to it. You can do variations in this sandwich as per the taste and preference.
To prepare Tex-Mex shredded beef sandwiches, cook the meat in a slow cooker with chili seasoning and top it with barbecue sauce. Remove the meat and cool it slightly. Shred-it with 2 forks and remove the fat from cooking juice. Place it back in the cooker and heat it. Spread this on each slice and top it with cheese. Place another slice and serve.
With just a few simple steps, you will get the desired sandwich, ready to eat. You will get to know about this in much more detail further in the recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Chopped Cheese Sandwich– Chopped cheese, also known as “a chop cheese”, is a type of sandwich originating from New York City. This sandwich is made on a grill with ground beef, onions, and topped by melted cheese and served with lettuce, tomatoes, and condiments on a hero roll.
2. Lamb Burger– Word ‘Lamb’ was originated from German Lambiz. Lamb is made up of sheep’s meat and is quite popular in America because of Lamb Burger.
3. Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches– These sandwiches make a perfect dinner if you have a busy day. It will give you the taste of barbecue and you will love it. You munch it even after coming from the office. You can add vegetables of your liking to it.
4. Chicken Hot Dogs– Chicken hot dogs are perfect for such small get-togethers as they can be prepared in just about 10-12 minutes. A big bite of a Chicken Hot Dog feels like a mini party in the mouth. The amalgamation of simple yet crunchy textures in the mouth is something to die for.
Ingredients For Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- 1 boneless beef chuck roast (3 pounds)
- 1 envelope chili seasoning
- 1/2 cup barbecue sauce
- 8 onion rolls (split)
- 8 slices cheddar cheese
You can grab these ingredients at any supermarket. Or you may have them stocked up in your pantry already. You must be thinking about the time of preparation. So let’s take a look on that.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|5 Minutes||8-10 Hours||8 Hours 5 Minutes|
A sandwich taking so much of time might be a question in your mind. It is all about cooking the meat which needs patience and time. Other than that, you only have to arrange the meat between the sandwich top and bottom. See how it is to be done.
Steps To Make Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches
- Place the roast in a 3 qt. slow cooker by cutting it in half. Season it with chili and add barbecue sauce. Cover it and cook on low flame until it becomes tender. This may take 8-10 hours.
- Remove the meat from the cooker and cool it down. Shred-it using 2 forks. Skim the fat from the cooked juice and place the meat back in the slow cooker to heat it. With the help of the slotted spoon, place half of the meat mixture on each slice. Top it with cheese and top it with another slice.
- Serve hot.
You can make it spicy by adding a spicy sauce to it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches
Take a look at the nutrition value of this sandwich.
How To Make Tex-Mex Shredded Beef Sandwiches | Video
Make sure you give this a try and let me know your reviews for them. I have uploaded a similar video. If you have any recipe in mind, then feel free to share it with me. I will be glad to share it with you.
In case you have any doubt regarding the recipe, then I have uploaded the video. Watch the video to clear your doubts. If your query is not resolved by the video, then write it up in the comment section below. I will try to solve them. Now give the recipe a try and enjoy your food.