Cooking up a cuisine at home is an altogether different experience. The recipe I am going to share is sizzling tex-mex fajitas.
It is a Texan-Mexican American dish with strips of beef skirt meat. Fajitas are served sizzling on a cast iron skillet which is still on the heat. The sizzle is because the meat is still cooking while it is brought to be served on your table.
To prepare tex-mex fajitas, make a mixture of broth, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, 1 teaspoon soup mix, mustard, pepper, cayenne and an optional liquid smoke and marinade steak in it. Transfer half of this mixture to heavy duty foil of 12 inch square. Cook the steaks and slice them thinly, Place them on tortilla. Serve sizzling hot.
The above mentioned steps are a brief description for the recipe. You will know more about the procedure for this recipe. This recipe will be loved by the kids and adults. Now, let’s see the ingredients you need to cook this cuisine.
Ingredients For Tex-Mex Fajitas
- 1/3 cup beef broth
- 1/4 cup lime juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil (divided)
- 4 garlic cloves (minced)
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 envelope savory herb with garlic soup mix (divided)
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 2 pounds beef skirt steak, cut into 4- to 6-inch portions
- 2 large onions (sliced)
- 1 medium green pepper (sliced)
- 1 medium sweet yellow pepper (sliced)
- 12 flour tortillas (8 inches)
- Salsa, shredded cheese, guacamole and sour cream (optional)
The ingredients of this recipe are readily accessible in any supermarket. Some of them can be found in your home. So, check them first in your pantry and then visit the supermarket. Now let’s see how much time you require to prepare this dish.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Tex-Mex Fajitas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|30 Minutes||10 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Getting an extensive cuisine prepped up within an hour is a great deal. This sizzling dish will be ready in 40 minutes. Take a note of the steps you need to follow to cook up this dish.
Steps To Make Tex-Mex Fajitas
- Take a shallow dish to prepare a mixture of broth, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, 1 teaspoon soup mix, mustard, pepper, cayenne and if desired, liquid smoke. Place steaks in this mixture and coat them properly. Cover them and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- Now, take a large bowl and add green peppers, onions, yellow pepper, soup mix and remaining oil. Transfer half of this mixture to two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil of 12-inch square. Now, fold the foil around the vegetables and seal them.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the steak and vegetables by covering them on medium heat for 10-13 minutes or till the time it becomes medium-rare. For this, it should read 135 degrees on a thermometer. Flip the steak once.
- Carefully open the foiled packets to let the steam evade. Slice the steak thinly and place them with vegetables on the tortilla.
- Serve hot.
You can serve them with salsa, guacamole, cheese and sour cream.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tex-Mex Fajitas
Check out the nutritional value of the recipe.
How To Make Sizzling Tex-Mex Fajitas At Home | Video
Do refer the video of a similar recipe I have uploaded to help you in every step of the cooking. Is there still any question in your mind regarding the recipe? If yes, then leave your question in the comment section below. I will try to make every detail clear with my best knowledge.
You can bring out the suggestions in the comment section. I will surely consider them. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!