Cooking up cuisine at home is an altogether different experience. The recipe I am going to share is sizzling tex-mex fajitas.
It is a Texan-Mexican American dish with strips of beef skirt meat. Fajitas are served sizzling on a cast-iron skillet which is still on the heat. The sizzle is because the meat is still cooking while it is brought to be served on your table.
To prepare tex-mex fajitas, make a mixture of broth, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, 1 teaspoon soup mix, mustard, pepper, cayenne and an optional liquid smoke and marinate steak in it. Transfer half of this mixture to heavy-duty foil of 12-inch square. Cook the steaks and slice them thinly. Place them on a tortilla. Serve sizzling hot.
The above-mentioned steps are a brief description of the recipe. You can also use some Cotija cheese as an add-on to your fajitas. Don’t have it? Here is a list of Cotija cheese substitutes for you.
You will know more about the procedure for this recipe. This recipe will be loved by kids and adults. Now, let’s see the ingredients you need to cook this cuisine. There are other street food recipes that we’ve covered that you should also check as well.
1. Salt Beef Bagel– London is a great place to eat street food and one of the most popular food in London are the salt beef bagels. Salt beef bagels are an ethnic dish that is mostly made by Jewish people.
2. Air Fryer Corn Dogs– If you love corn dogs but don’t want to eat them because they’re fried, I’ll tell you how to make healthy corn dogs. You can make Air fryer corn dogs. The air fryer corn dogs are as delicious and crispy as the fried ones but without the excess oil.
3. Jicama Chips– Jicamas are round in shape and look like turnips turned brown. They taste exceptional and can also be consumed simply after boiling.
4. Coconut Shrimp– If you want a crispy seafood snack then, crispy and delicious coconut shrimp is the best snack for you. It is covered in coconut mixture and is baked to give you a healthy and beautiful bite-sized snack.
Sizzling Tex-Mex Fajitas Recipe
- ⅓ cup Beef Broth
- ¼ cup Lime Juice
- 3 tbsp Olive Oil
- 4 Minced Garlic Cloves
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 Envelope Savory Herb with Garlic Soup Mix
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- ½ tsp Pepper
- ½ tsp Cayenne Pepper
- ½ tsp Liquid Smoke
- 2 pound Beef Skirt Steak
- 2 Large Onion
- 1 medium Green Pepper
- 1 medium Sweet Yellow Pepper
- 12 Flour Tortillas
- Salsa, Shredded Cheese, Guacamole and Sour Cream
- Take a shallow dish to prepare a mixture of broth, lime juice, 1 tablespoon oil, garlic, Worcestershire sauce, salt, 1 teaspoon soup mix, mustard, pepper, cayenne and if desired, liquid smoke. Place steaks in this mixture and coat them properly. Cover them and refrigerate for a minimum of 8 hours or overnight.
- Now, take a large bowl and add green peppers, onions, yellow pepper, soup mix and remaining oil. Transfer half of this mixture to two double thicknesses of heavy-duty foil of 12-inch square. Now, fold the foil around the vegetables and seal them.
- Remove the beef from the marinade and discard the marinade. Grill the steak and vegetables by covering them on medium heat for 10-13 minutes or till the time it becomes medium-rare. For this, it should read 135 degrees on a thermometer. Flip the steak once.
- Carefully open the foiled packets to let the steam evade. Slice the steak thinly and place them with vegetables on the tortilla.
- Serve hot.
You can bring out the suggestions in the comment section. I will surely consider them. I hope you like them as much as we like them sharing with you. Have a good day!