If you’re craving bold Mexican flavors in a traditional egg roll, the Tex-Mex egg roll is the one for you. This “Americanized” version of egg roll has Mexican flavors presented in Texas’ style. It is loaded with veggies, beans, corns, and spices that make it super fun and delicious. If you haven’t tried a Tex-Mex egg roll yet, keep reading. I’m here with this recipe for Tex-Mex egg roll that you can easily try at home.
Though egg rolls traditionally originated from southern China, the Tex-Mex version of the egg roll is the one that gets more attention. It is flavorsome and looks equally appealing. This egg roll contains the most delightful elements of Tex-Mex cuisine, melting cheese on the veggies, corns, and beans, eggs, etc. Taste it once; you’ll know it’s the finest version of the eggs rolls so far. So, try it now.
For Tex Mex egg roll, add onion, jalapeno, bell pepper, corns, and beans to a skillet containing oil. Add salt, coriander powder, chili flakes, cumin powder, and smoked paprika. Cook for 3 minutes. Spread this mixture over prepared flatbread containing egg. Add grated cheese on top, roll the bread and fry it until golden brown. The Tex-Mex egg roll gets ready in just 30 minutes.
You’ll have to read the full recipe instructions to make this delicious Tex-Mex egg roll. You can also use paprika substitutes if you want. Below is the recipe card to guide you through the procedure. You can watch the video below in case you need a video reference for this recipe. Please don’t forget to rate the recipe and share it with your friends.
Other Recipes That You Can Try
- Thai Coconut Curry Chicken Recipe
- Thai Chicken Curry Recipe
- 4 Ingredient Potato Soup Recipe
- Cheaters Pizza Recipe
- Macaroni With Chicken Strips Recipe
- Quiche Without Cream Recipe
- Healthy Oatmeal For Abs Recipe
- Spaghetti Aglio E Olio Recipe
- Fried Dough Recipe
- Homemade Protein Powder Recipe
Tex Mex Egg Roll Recipe
- Kneading Bowl
- Chopping Tray
- Griddle or Griddle Pan
- Small Bowls
- Kitchen Tongs
- 4 Eggs
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 3 Bell Pepper (finely diced)
- Coriander (finely chopped)
- 1 Jalapeno (chopped)
- 1 small cup Cheddar Cheese (grated)
- 1 cup Corns
- 1 cup Canolloni Beans
- 2 tablespoons Olive Oil (for cooking the egg mixture)
- 4 tablespoons Olive Oil (for frying the egg rolls)
- 1/3 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- 1 teaspoon Coriander Powder
- 1 teaspoon Cumin Powder
- Chili Flakes (according to taste)
- Salt and Pepper (according to taste)
For Flat Bread
- 1 cup Refined Flour (All-purpose flour)
- 1 1/2 tablespoon Olive Oil
- Water (Luke Warm)
- Add all-purpose flour and oil to the kneading bowl. Start kneading the flour by slowly adding water (lukewarm) to it.
- Cover the prepared dough and set it aside.
For Tex Mex Egg Roll
- Add 2 tablespoons of olive oil to a skillet. Add onions, jalapeno, and bell pepper to it. Stir well and cook for 3 minutes.
- Now, add sweet corn and canolloni beans to the skillet. Add cumin powder, coriander powder, smoked paprika, and chili flakes. Sprinkle salt and pepper for taste.
- Stir all the ingredients to combine and cook for about a minute. Add chopped coriander to the skillet, mix it well. Transfer the mixture to a bowl after removing it from the heat.
- Cut out small pieces from the dough and roll each piece one by one after dusting the surface and the rolling pin.
- Roll each dough piece until it is evenly thin as an egg roll sheet. Cook it on a skillet or griddle pan for at least 10 seconds on each side and set these flatbread pieces aside.
- Place a flatbread on a griddle pan over medium heat. Crack an egg over the bread. Mix the egg with the spoon and spread it all over the bread. Flip it over and cook the other side.
- Transfer the flatbread to a serving tray. Spread the mixture on the surface of the bread containing the egg. Grate some cheddar cheese on top.
- Pull one corner of flatbread over the mixture, then roll it towards the opposite side after folding the other two sides of the roll inwards. Seal it with a paste of water and flour.
- Cook the rolls in a skillet containing oil over medium heat until golden brown.
- Serve your Tex-Mex egg roll with Mexican sour cream or salsa.