If you are fond of Tex-mex recipes, then you will surely love this one. The recipe is for tex-mex chicken with black beans and rice.
If you are looking forward to cooking a healthy meal on a busy day, then this recipe is for you. If you want to add more spice to this dish, you can adjust it as per your taste.
Tex-Mex chicken with black beans and rice is made by sprinkling the chicken with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning and adding it to the slow cooker. Pour the mixture of tomatoes, soup, onion, chiles and remaining taco seasoning over the chicken. Prepare rice and add beans to it. Sprinkle cilantro, cheese and tortilla chips.
More details for the above-mentioned recipe are waiting ahead. First, you have to grab the ingredients you require for this recipe. To help you with this, a list of ingredients is given below. Check the list and fetch them all. Begin with the recipe as soon as you grab them as you will love the outcome.
Ingredients For Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
- 6 chicken leg quarters (skin removed)
- 1 envelope taco seasoning (divided)
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) Mexican diced tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (10-3/4 ounces) condensed cream of chicken soup, undiluted
- 1 large onion (chopped)
- 1 can green chiles (chopped)
- 1 cup instant rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup canned black beans (rinsed, drained)
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 cup cheddar cheese (shredded)
- 1-1/2 cups tortilla chips (crushed)
- Minced fresh cilantro
I guess you do not need to run to the grocery store to get these ingredients. I am pretty sure that you will find them all in your pantry itself. Even if not, go to the nearest grocery store and you will get them all there. Check out the time below you need for its making.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 Minutes||5 Hours||5 Hours 20 Minutes|
Only the part that involves cooking the chicken is a little tricky and time-consuming, rest is so easy and quick. Take a look on how to do the preparations of this recipe.
Steps To Make Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
- Season, the chicken with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. Cook this chicken in a slow cooker of 5-6 qt.
- Take a large bowl to mix tomatoes, onion, chiles, soup and the remaining taco seasoning. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the cooker. Cover it and cook for 5-7 hours on low flame. Cook until the chicken has 165 degrees temperature and becomes tender.
- Make rice as per the instructions given on the packet. Add beans and cook.
- Remove chicken from its juice. Mix sour cream in this juice.
- Serve the chicken with sauce and rice.
- Sprinkle cilantro, tortilla chips and cheese on it.
- Serve hot.
Serve with a lemon wedge.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
Check out the nutritional composition of this recipe.
How To Make Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice At Home | Video
I have uploaded the video to help you with every detail of this recipe. Do watch the video for more detailed steps.
Make sure you try them at your home and let me know their reviews. You can write your queries, reviews and any suggestions in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you. Do not hesitate to ask your questions. It will not only help you but will also be a great help to others who are going to try the recipe. I hope you enjoy making them. Have a great day!