If you are fond of Tex-Mex recipes, then you will surely love this one. The recipe is for Tex-Mex chicken with black beans and rice. The chicken is cooked in a slow cooker and served with rice and beans. The sauce in which it is cooked is also served alongside.
If you are looking forward to cooking a healthy meal on a busy day, then this recipe is for you. If you want to add more spice to this dish, you can adjust it as per your taste.
To make Tex-Mex chicken with black beans and rice, sprinkle the chicken with a tablespoon of taco seasoning and add it to the slow cooker. Pour the mixture of tomatoes, soup, onion, chiles, and remaining taco seasoning over the chicken. Prepare rice and add beans to it. Serve the chicken with rice and beans along with the sauce. Garnish it with cilantro, cheese, and tortilla chips.
This is only an overview of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Miami Rice– Miami rice is beneficial for your body as it contains beans that are known for their various nutritional elements present in them. They help in reducing blood pressure and in keeping your bones sturdy.
2. Rosemary Rabbit– Rosemary rabbit is a great dish with a herby flavor. Rabbit meat tastes similar to chicken meat. Rabbit meat is rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is also low in fat which makes it easy to digest.
3. Rabo Encendido– Rabo Encendido is a bull’s tail stew. It is not complicated to make. It contains oxtail, vegetables and is infused with different spices and herbs. It just needs a little time and patience.
4. Porketta Roast– Porketta roast is a very simple recipe. You just have to coat the pork roast with a blend of different spices and then, roast it. The pork meat is juicy and gives a delicious flavor when cooked along with the spices.
Ingredients For Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
- 6 Chicken Leg Quarters (skin removed)
- 1 envelope Taco Seasoning (divided)
- 1 can (14 1/2 ounces) Mexican Diced Tomatoes (undrained)
- 1 can (10 3/4 ounces) Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup (undiluted)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- 1 can Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 cup Instant Rice (uncooked)
- 1 cup Canned Black Beans (rinsed, drained)
- 1 cup Sour Cream
- 1 cup Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
- 1-1/2 cups Tortilla Chips (crushed)
- Fresh Cilantro (minced)
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|20 Minutes||5 Hours||5 Hours 20 Minutes|
Steps To Make Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice
- Season the chicken with 1 tablespoon of taco seasoning. Cook this chicken in a slow cooker of 5-6 qt.
- Take a large bowl to mix tomatoes, onion, chiles, soup and the remaining taco seasoning. Pour this mixture over the chicken in the cooker. Cover it and cook for 5-7 hours on low flame. Cook until the chicken is at 165o temperature and becomes tender.
- Make rice as per the instructions given on the packet. Add beans to it and cook.
- Remove chicken from its juice. Mix sour cream in this juice.
- Serve the chicken with sauce and rice.
- Sprinkle cilantro, tortilla chips and cheese on it.
- Serve hot.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tex-Mex Chicken with Black Beans and Rice