Teriyaki meatballs are a combination of teriyaki sauce and meatballs. It combines the beef and pork meatballs with the sweet and savory teriyaki sauce to make a flavorful and unforgettable combination.
Teriyaki meatballs can be made by making the teriyaki sauce first. Mix cornstarch, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, and honey in a bowl.
Then, prepare the meatballs by combining ground pork, beef, egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger and white pepper. Bake them and serve them with teriyaki sauce.
Adding apple cider vinegar to the sauce will add a fruity tanginess. You may substitute with rice wine or white vinegar if that’s all you have. However, white vinegar is more acidic than cider vinegar, so only use 3 tablespoons.
It was just a quick overview, but read the detailed steps below to make these teriyaki meatballs special. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters. Let’s check them out.
1. Baked Chicken Wings With Baking Powder– For this recipe of crispy baked chicken wings, you do not need any fryer. You just need to bake the chicken wings to make them crispy.
2. Chapli Kebab– Kebab is such cuisine that you can find in a Michelin star restaurant and also as street food. This Mughlai Pakistani cuisine and fondly relished by the people of Dhaka.
3. Peameal Bacon– This is easy to make a version of real homemade Canadian Bacon. Also known as peameal bacon in Canada. Works wonderfully for peameal on a bun.
4. Beer Battered Halibut– This Beer Battered Fish Recipe was so good I couldn’t resist sharing right away. This recipe is all about the crisp, crunchy exterior, and this easy recipe shows you precisely how to get it.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Teriyaki Meatballs?
- Oven – Bake the meatballs in the preheated oven until brown and crispy.
- Baking Tray – Bake the meatballs on a baking tray until brown.
- Pan – Prepare teriyaki sauce in a pan by combining all the ingredients for the sauce.
- Mixing Bowls – Combine the ingredients for meatballs and prepare a slurry in mixing bowls.
- Spatula – Toss all the ingredients with a flat-surfaced spatula until pork and beef are well coated.
- Knife – Chop the veggies with a sharp knife into chunks to add to the meatballs.
- Chopping Board – Place the chopping board under the ingredients before slicing them.
- Whisk – Beat the eggs with the help of a whisk for a smooth texture.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Teriyaki Meatballs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|13 Minutes||30 Minutes||43 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Teriyaki Meatballs?
For The Meatballs
- Ground Beef – Ground beef is the star ingredient with an umami flavor that browns when cooked.
- Ground Pork – Ground pork will taste sweet when combined with the other ingredients.
- Eggs – Add egg to the mixture because it helps to bind the balls together.
- Soy Sauce – Soy sauce will add extra flavor instead of using all milk.
- Onion – Onion, when cooked, will add a strong and sweeter taste to the meatballs.
- Garlic – Garlic will offer caramelly undertones once you cook them.
- Ginger – Ginger will add a sweet and zesty taste with a hint of citrus flavor to balance the flavors.
- Panko Bread Crumbs – Panko breadcrumbs are ideal for making homemade meatballs. They are larger than traditional plain breadcrumbs, which gives them an added crunch when used as a coating.
- Black pepper – Add black pepper to the minced mix to give a rich and hearty flavor.
For Teriyaki Sauce
- Soy Sauce – Saltiness of soy sauce will balance the sweetness.
- Water – Water is added to the cornstarch to make it a little sticky.
- Honey – Honey will also help in thickening the sauce, adding sweetness.
- Corn Starch – Cornstarch will help thicken the teriyaki sauce and creates a slurry.
- Ground Ginger – Ginger will add a slightly peppery aromatic depth.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar will add a mild sweetness to the sauce.
- Garlic Powder – Garlic powder will add a sweeter and much less assertive taste than fresh garlic.
Steps To Make Teriyaki Meatballs
1. Meat The Balls
Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F. Meanwhile, take a bowl and add cornstarch and ¼ cup of water. Mix it well to form a slurry.
Now, take a pan and place it over medium flame. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, a cup of water, and honey. Mix everything and let it simmer for a while.
Add in the cornstarch mixture and keep stirring until it gets thick enough, for almost 3 minutes.
2. Bake And Take
Add ground pork and ground beef, egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, and white pepper in a separate bowl.
Mix them all properly and form them into the shape of small rolls.
Now, put the prepared meatballs on a baking sheet and bake them properly for about 20 to 25 minutes per side or until they’re browned all over.
Cover them nicely with teriyaki sauce and serve them with rice.
How Will Teriyaki Meatballs Look And Taste Like?
The taste of teriyaki meatballs is sweet and savory, with a rich umami flavor that comes from the combination of soy sauce and meat. The teriyaki sauce provides a sticky glaze that adds a caramelized flavor to the meatballs.
The soy sauce’s saltiness balances the sauce’s sweetness, and the ginger and garlic add a slight tanginess and spiciness to the dish.
Teriyaki meatballs are a flavorful and satisfying dish that can be enjoyed independently or served over rice. They are a popular appetizer or party food and can be customized with different meats and seasonings to suit your taste preferences.
Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe
- Baking Tray
- Mixing Bowls
- Chopping Board
For The Balls
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 1 tablespoon Soy Sauce
- 2 Egg Yolks
- 2 Green Onions
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- ½ cups Panko Breadcrumbs
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
For Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cups Soy Sauce
- ½ cup Water
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F.
- Meanwhile, take a bowl and add cornstarch and ¼ cup of water. Mix it well to form a slurry.
- Now, take a pan and place it over medium flame.
- Add brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, a cup of water, and honey.
- Mix everything and let it simmer for a while.
- Add in the cornstarch mixture and keep stirring until it gets thick enough, for almost 3 minutes.
- Add ground pork and ground beef, egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, and white pepper in a separate bowl.
- Mix them all properly and form them into the shape of small rolls.
- Now, put the prepared meatballs on a baking sheet and bake them properly for about 20 to 25 minutes per side or until they’re browned all over.
- Cover them nicely with teriyaki sauce and serve them with rice.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What are teriyaki meatballs?
Teriyaki meatballs are a Japanese-inspired dish made from meatballs coated in a sweet and savory teriyaki sauce.
What do teriyaki meatballs taste like?
Teriyaki meatballs are sweet and savory, with a rich umami flavor from the combination of soy sauce and meat. The teriyaki sauce provides a sticky glaze that adds a caramelized flavor to the meatballs, while the ginger and garlic add a slight tanginess and spiciness to the dish.
What can teriyaki meatballs be served with?
Teriyaki meatballs can be served on their own as an appetizer or party food, or over rice as a main dish. They can also be served with vegetables such as broccoli or bok choy, and garnished with green onions or sesame seeds.
Are teriyaki meatballs healthy?
While teriyaki meatballs can be a tasty addition to your meal, they are typically high in sodium and sugar due to the teriyaki sauce. However, using lean meats and reducing the amount of sauce can make this dish a bit healthier.
Teriyaki meatballs are a very great combination of ground pork and beef pork. So if you are craving Japanese cuisine, you must surely try this recipe.