Meatballs are something that no one can deny. Ground meat rolled into small balls along with other seasonings are a treat to have. And the recipe that I am going to share with all of you today is Teriyaki Meatballs.
Teriyaki Meatballs were first made in Japan and the word teriyaki if broken down gives two Japanese words- teri, which means a shine given by the sugar content in tare and yaki, which means grilling. These meatballs are a very great combination of ground pork and beef pork. So if you are craving for Japanese cuisine, you must surely try this recipe.
Teriyaki Meatballs can be made in 3 steps: first make the teriyaki sauce by mixing cornstarch and water brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and honey in a bowl. Then prepare the meat balls by combining ground pork, ground beef, egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger and white pepper and roll them into meatballs. Bake them and serve with teriyaki sauce.
This is the best teriyaki combination that you’ll ever eat. I personally love this dish so much that I make it at home atleast twice a month. But to make these teriyaki meatballs special, make sure to read the detailed steps below. Without those instructions, you won’t be able to get the delicious taste that I am talking about.
Ingredients For Teriyaki Meatballs
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ½ cups Panko
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 tablespoon Ginger
- 2 cloves Garlic
- ½ teaspoon White Pepper
- 1 teaspoon Soy Sauce
- 1 pinch Sesame Seeds
For Teriyaki Sauce:
- ¼ cups Soy Sauce
- 1 tablespoon Corn Starch
- ½ teaspoon Ground Ginger
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tablespoon Honey
- ¼ teaspoon Garlic Powder
For getting all these ingredients, you will have to go to supermarkets. Some ingredients might be available at your home, but you need to go to the market for some. Now let’s check the time consumption to make this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Teriyaki Meatballs?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 minutes||30 minutes||45 minutes|
Preparing both teriyaki sauce and meatballs doesn’t take much of your time. Now let’s check the detailed steps of this recipe.
Steps To Make Teriyaki Meatballs
- Firstly, you will have to preheat the oven at 450 degrees F, now in a bowl add in cornstarch and ¼ cup of water and mix them together properly and keep it aside.
- Now take a pan and place it over medium flame and add in brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, 1 cup water and honey and simmer it. Now add in the cornstarch mixture and keep stirring it until it gets thickened enough for almost 3 minutes.
- Now in a bowl toss in the ground pork, ground beef, egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, and white pepper, mix them all properly, and roll the meatballs into the mixture till they are properly coated.
- Now put the prepared meatballs on a baking sheet and bake them properly until their colour gets golden brown for about 21- 26 minutes.
- Serve it with teriyaki sauce.
The reason why I love these teriyaki meatballs so much is because you can serve them as a main course in a party or as an appetizer as well.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Teriyaki Meatballs
A proper nutritional breakdown of this recipe has been given below.
How To Make Teriyaki Meatballs At Home | Video
Do refer the video I have uploaded to help you in every step of the recipe. This recipe is a great Japanese cuisine.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I highly recommend you to make these Teriyaki Meatballs at your home. Do share your reviews in the comments section below. Till then, stay tuned for recipes like these.