Teriyaki meatballs are a combination of teriyaki sauce and meatballs. It combines the beef and pork meatballs with the sweet and savory teriyaki sauce to make a flavorful and unforgettable combination.
Teriyaki Meatballs were first made in Japan and the word teriyaki, if broken down, gives two Japanese words- teri, which means a shine given by the sugar content in tare and yaki, which means grilling. These meatballs are a very great combination of ground pork and beef pork. So if you are craving Japanese cuisine, you must surely try this recipe.
Teriyaki Meatballs can be made in 3 steps: first, make the teriyaki sauce by mixing cornstarch, water, brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger and honey in a bowl. Then, prepare the meatballs by combining ground pork, ground beef, egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger and white pepper. Bake them and serve with teriyaki sauce.
This was just a quick overview but, in order to make these teriyaki meatballs special, make sure to read the detailed steps below. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Baked Chicken Wings With Baking Powder– For this recipe of crispy baked chicken wings, you do not need any fryer. You just need to bake the chicken wings to make them crispy.
2. Chapli Kebab– Kebab is such cuisine that you can find in a Michelin star restaurant and also as street food. This Mughlai Pakistani cuisine and fondly relished by the people of Dhaka.
3. Peameal Bacon– This is easy to make a version of real homemade Canadian Bacon. Also known as peameal bacon in Canada. Works wonderfully for peameal on a bun.
4. Beer Battered Halibut– This Beer Battered Fish Recipe was so good I couldn’t resist sharing right away. This recipe is all about the crisp, crunchy exterior, and this easy recipe shows you precisely how to get it.
Teriyaki Meatballs Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 1 pound Ground Pork
- 1 pound Ground Beef
- 2 Egg Yolks
- ½ cups Panko
- 2 Green Onions
- 1 tbsp Ginger
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- ½ tsp White Pepper
- 1 pinch Sesame Seeds
For Teriyaki Sauce
- ¼ cups Soy Sauce
- 1 tbsp Corn Starch
- ½ tsp Ground Ginger
- ¼ cup Brown Sugar
- 2 tbsp Honey
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. In a bowl, add cornstarch and ¼ cup of water and mix them together properly and keep it aside.
- Now, take a pan and place it over medium flame. Add brown sugar, soy sauce, garlic powder, ginger, a cup of water and honey to it and simmer it. Add in the cornstarch mixture and keep stirring it until it gets thick enough, for almost 3 minutes.
- In a bowl, put the ground pork and ground beef along with egg yolks, panko, garlic, green onions, soy sauce, ginger, and white pepper. Mix them all properly and roll them into meatballs.
- Now, put the prepared meatballs on a baking sheet and bake them properly for about 20- 25 minutes.
- Cover them nicely with teriyaki sauce and serve it with rice.