Fruits are essential to be included in our diet. They contain fiber, minerals, and vitamins necessary for our body to function well and balance the nutritional level of the body. Every fruit has its level of vitamins and minerals. Like its said, “An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.” But there is one such fruit that is loved by most of you. I am talking about coconut.
Is coconut a fruit? This is what you are thinking presently and the answer is –‘Yes it is.’ Many of you might now even know that coconut is a fruit. . coconut is one of the most loved flavour too. I love coconut in every form.
So for all the coconut lovers! Here comes a treat. Tembleque receta or Coconut Pudding recipe is what I will be sharing with you all today. It is a jiggly pudding with a custard-like texture. Its creaminess is what will be refreshing to you but on the other hand, it is also a light dessert. This is what I love about tembleque the most that despite being rich creamy, it still manages to be light on the tummy. Tembleque is a Puerto Rican Cuisine and is enjoyed there the most. So why not enjoy this Spanish dessert.
But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. English Toffee– This homemade English toffee is a crunchy, caramel toffee with dark chocolate and toasted nuts. It’s so easy to make at your home and you can keep it for weeks after making it.
2. Leche Asada– This recipe is also known as roasted milk. It is a traditional dessert in Chile. Though it is not considered something special there, but it is really something special if you are trying it for the first time.
3. Vanilla Yogurt– Yogurt is said to have positive effects on our immune, cardiovascular systems as well as boosting our metabolism. Yogurt with the flavour of vanilla in it makes it an incredible dish. Homemade Vanilla Yogurt is just irresistible.
4. Mughalai Badami Kewra Seviyan– Badami Kewra Seviyan is a festive dish that people mostly prepare during Eid. It is one of the most beloved Indian desserts as it is very easy and quick to make. It is also monsoon season favoured dessert.
Ingredients for Tembleque
|Coconut Milk||4 cups|
|Cinnamon Powder||A pinch|
Tembleque does not require complicated ingredients. As you can see, it involves very easily accessible ingredients that you can even fetch from your pantry. I can assure you that you will get the best results with such handy ingredients in very little time. So let’s see how much time it will take to prepare this coconut dessert.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Setting Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||3 hours||3 hours 15 minutes|
Looking at the time required, it is the easiest dessert you can ever make. The only time consuming part is when you have to set the mixture in the refrigerator. Setting up the mixture takes time, so be patient while chilling the mixture so that you get the best jiggly pudding. So let’s follow the instructions.
- Take a saucepan and add coconut milk, sugar and salt to it. Stir well. Spoon out a small quantity of this mixture in a small bowl and add cornstarch I this bowl. Make a mixture of this and put this mixture back into the saucepan with continuous stirring.
- Bring this mixture to boil. Cook for 5 minutes till the mixture becomes thick and smooth.
- Take the setting molds and pour this mixture into each of them. Cover the molds with a plastic wrap.
- Place these molds in the refrigerator until they set in the firm and get chilled. This setting process may take 3 hours to 2 days.
- Once it is set, take a thin knife and run around the mold edges to help it de-mold.
- Invert the mold over a plate and sprinkle some cinnamon on it. Serve chilled.
- You can use fresh coconut milk or canned milk, whatever suits you the best.
- You can use individual molds or Bundt molds, as per the way you want to serve.
- Before pouring the mixture into the mold, rinse the mold with cold water. Take out all the excess water but do not pat dry it; this will help de-mold them easily.
- You can store the tembleque in the refrigerator for a few days.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tembleque
To check the nutritional breakdown of this coconut pudding, check out the table mentioned below.
How to Make Tembleque at Home | Video
Super easy recipe with readily available ingredients, What else we can ask for. Do try this recipe. You will love it. I have uploaded the video to help you out. Do refer to the video for assistance.
I hope you loved the Tembleque recipe. Do remember to share your reviews in the comment section and in case you have any query you can also ask your questions. Take care.