Tattie scones are very popular in Scotland. They are a great breakfast food made of mashed potatoes and flour along with other ingredients. They are made of simple ingredients and don’t take much of your time.
We will start with some interesting facts about tattie scones. They originated from Scotland and were originally made from oats and griddle. In contrast, today, it is prepared from mashed potatoes and flour. It is said that the name tattie scones originated from the Dutch word ‘scoonbrot,’ which means ‘beautiful bread.’
For tattie scones, mash the potatoes and mix them with flour, butter, salt, baking powder, and egg and prepare a dough with it. Cut the dough in round-shaped saucers and bake it for around 15 minutes. Serve these tattie scones with butter.
Proper details with a video demonstration for the tattie scones are waiting ahead in the article. Follow the procedures accurately to get the recipe appropriately cooked. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Crumpets– Crumpets are a great way to change up and try something new for your breakfast. It can be an alternative to your bread. It is soft and spongy. It’ll be a great way to start your day.
2. Pot Congee– Pot congee promotes good health and also helps in better digestion. According to the doctors, pot congee is a very simple and digestive food and it also supplements blood into the body.
3. Peanut Butter Banana Oatmeal– It is said that breakfast is one of the most important meals of the meal. One such healthy breakfast recipe is the peanut butter banana oatmeal.
4. Pork Casserole– Pork casserole is something that anyone can make at their home using leftover pork. This recipe is very easy to prepare and anyone can make it in just 30 minutes.
Tattie Scones Recipe
- 2 tablespoon Melted Butter
- 1 pound Potatoes
- 1¼ cup Flour
- ½ tablespoon Salt
- 1 tablespoon Baking Powder
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven. Mash the potatoes in a bowl and toss in all the ingredients to form up a dough.
- Now, dust the surface with flour with dry flour and roll the dough. Then, cut the dough into saucer-sized round shapes and place it on the baking sheet.
- Put the baking sheet in the oven and bake it for almost 14-15 minutes until it gets a little brown.
- At last, serve it with butter.