When we say chicken, we recall all the tasty dishes that we have tried at our home and start craving for those. Today, I am up with a very delicious dish called tangerine chicken. This recipe is quite different from other chicken recipes but you will definitely like it once you give it a try.
So, how I came to know about this dish? Well, my mom is an excellent cook and makes tasty food. She has a habit of trying different and unique recipes at home. I just thanked her that she made it when I was quite young and I loved it so much that I urged her to teach me how to make this Tangerine chicken.
The way she taught me this Tangerine Chicken recipe has never left my mind and I still remember the taste of that tangerine chicken when I think of it. It feels really good to share this Tangerine Chicken recipe with you guys and I hope you all will like it.
But before we start, let me tell you all these ingredients required for this Tangerine Chicken recipe that are are easily available at your nearby market and you can easily get them.
Ingredients For Tangerine Chicken
|Bone-in-Skin Chicken Thigh||6 pc.|
|Olive Oil||2 tsp|
|Salt and Pepper||Taste accordingly|
|Soy Sauce||¼ cup|
|Teriyaki Sauce||¼ cup|
|Tangerine Juice (Lemon or Orange Juice)||2 tsp|
|Garlic cloves||4 pc.|
This recipe takes a lot of time to get it done. And trust me, all of your time is worth it. Once you get through this recipe you will find it delightful to eat after waiting for so long.
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 mins||1 hour||1 hour 10 mins|
So, done with the ingredients? Now let’s come to the main track and yes, I know you were waiting for that part of the recipe. Now let’s start making the Tangerine Chicken.
Tangerine Chicken Recipe
- Combine soy-sauce, teriyaki sauce, honey, tangerine juice and garlic in a small bowl and mix it.
- Preheat oven to 425F. Arrange pieces of chicken on a skin side down on a foil rimmed to the baking sheet. Sprinkle paprika on it.
- Drizzle chicken with olive oil and brush it on both sides (this makes it adhere to the saucepan).
- Roast them for 30 minutes. Remove pan over chicken from oven and spoon glaze. Add the slice of tangerine around the chicken and saucepan.
- Reduce the temperature to 375F and gently transform the chicken skin side upwards using thongs.
- Bake until chicken’s internal temperature reads 165F. Back to the oven for another 20-25 minutes, before chicken has been baked.
Note- If it looks dry, you might add some water to the sauce (a Tablespoon at a time).
So, your Tangerine Chicken is ready. Enjoy this recipe with your family and recall the old good days. I hope you will try this recipe.
Nutritional Facts of Tangerine Chicken
Talking about the nutritional facts of Tangerine Chicken, I must say this recipe this really healthy. One should try this recipe without any considering any health issues. Here is the nutritional breakdown of the Tangerine Chicken.
|Dietary fiber||1.7 gm|
How to Make Tangerine Chicken at home | Video
I always recommend you guys to watch a video before trying something at home for the first time. So, for your better experience here is video that you can watch.
I hope you like this recipe. And I am sure you will give it a try once. Tell us about your experience with this recipe and let us know in the comment section.