Today, I am going to help you recall all your memories of your childhood with a tamarind candy recipe.
This recipe is my favorite and I love having these tamarind candies. It reminds me of my childhood days when we were kids and enjoyed these candies so much. So, by not wasting much of the time, let’s begin.
To make tamarind candy, cut tamarind into small pieces and get rid of the seeds. Using a food processor, grind the tamarind coarsely. Take this tamarind mixture in a bowl and add sugar, salt and chili powder. Refrigerate for some time and then roll it into tamarind candy balls.
Don’t have tamarind paste? Here is a list of tamarind paste substitutes. This tamarind candy recipe is actually very easy and you will need very few ingredients to complete this recipe. But first, let’s check out other candy recipes that you might also like.
1. Watermelon Rind Candy– Have you ever thought of making something from the peel of watermelon? I don’t think you might have, as most of the people think it is a waste. You can make these wonderful watermelon rind candies at your home using just watermelon peels.
2. Cherry Sours Candy– I am here with the cherry sours candy recipe. After hearing this thing, you must be excited to recall your childhood days. Today, I will help you recall the good ol’ days with this recipe.
3. Orange Candy– A homemade candy made by boiling oranges and sugar to create impressive sweet citrus treats. You’ll love this easy sweet treat.
4. Lemon Drop Candy– What was your favorite candy as a kid? Well, mine was the lemon drop candy. I loved them so much that I used to have them almost every day. Today, I will share the recipe for lemon drop candy with you.
Tamarind Candy Recipe
- ½ cup Tamarind
- 100 g Sugar
- 1 pinch Salt
- Chili Powder
- Take out any hard stuff that you will find in the tamarind, like its seeds or some particles.
- Now cut the tamarind into pieces using your hand or food processor.
- Just grind it coarsely, no need to make a very smooth paste.
- Take a bowl and put tamarind into it along with all the other ingredients present.
- Refrigerate this mixture for 10- 15 minutes so that it gets a proper texture and becomes easy to hold.
- Now cut the balls out of this paste and roll them with your hands.
- Put some sugar on them to coat them properly with it.
I hope this Tamarind Candy recipe helps you and you will like it. Do try to make these candies at home and tell us about your experiences in the comment box below. Till then, stay safe and tune in for more such recipes.