You must have heard of different types of beers, but have you ever tried tamarind beer? If not, then you must try it once for its amazing taste. It has a refreshingly sweet and sour taste, and you can easily make it home.
Tamarind beer is a flavored beer, and it has a taste of tamarind and ginger ale in it. You can easily make this delicious drink home by adding ginger ale and tamarind water to a glass.
Instead of buying tamarind water from the store, you can prepare it at home as it tastes much better than a store-bought one. Tamarind beer has a blend of flavors because tamarind has sweet and tart flavors, and ginger ale has a mellow spicy flavor.
Now without wasting any time, let’s just check out the recipe to make this quick at home. But have you ever heard of a beer made of ginger ale and tamarind water? Yes, you heard it right. You can easily make this tamarind beer at home by following some simple steps.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Tamarind Water?
- Container – You will need the container to put the tamarind pulp in after removing its outer shell
- Bowl – You will need a bowl to pour boiling water over the tamarind pulp to make the tamarind water.
- Blender – We will need a blender to blend the tamarind pulp to get the final product
- Strainer – You must have a strainer to strain the blended tamarind pulp.
- Glass – You can use any glass to make this cocktail. I prefer rock glasses, as these gorgeous glasses are my personal favorites for this elegant cocktail.
- Spatula – You will need a flat-surfaced spatula to mix all the ingredients to avoid lumps.
- Knife – The knife will help you to cut the lemon into slices.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Tamarind Beer?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Tamarind Beer?
- Ginger Ale – We will need a can of ginger ale to give a sweetened and ginger-flavored taste to our beer.
- Tamarind – You will need the tamarind pulp to make the tamarind water.
- Water – Water will help you make the tamarind water.
- Ginger – Ginger will add a warm spicy taste to your tamarind water.
- Honey – Honey will add sweetness and balance tamarind’s sharp, tangy flavors.
- Lime Juice – Lime juice will add a citric touch to your drink.
Steps To Make Tamarind Beer
1. Make The Tamarind Puree
Put the tamarind pulp in a container after removing the outer shell. Pour over the tamarind pulp in the bowl and boil half of the water.
Add the remaining water, then wait for it to soften for 5 to 10 minutes.
2. Blend Everything Together
In a blender, combine the ginger, water, and tamarind pulp.
Blend the pulp to remove the seeds from the pulp at the lowest speed until all the seeds are separated. This may take several attempts. Then strain the final product.
3. Combine Everything and Enjoy Your Ale
Add the fresh lime juice and honey to the tamarind water to give it more taste. Let’s just quickly head to the tamarind beer after making tamarind water.
Pour tamarind water into the glass. Add the ginger ale, and make a foamy head-like beer as you gently pour the ginger ale.
How Will Tamarind Beer Look and Taste Like?
Tamarind beer is darker than regular beers and has the same foam as the normal beers available on the market. It has a muddy brownish color.
It has a sharp, tangy taste from the tamarind and lime and a sweet undertone because of the added honey. The beer adds a crispy and bubbly taste to the beverage, but the alcohol taste isn’t prominent.
Tamarind Beer Recipe
- 1 can Ginger Ale
- ¼ cup Tamarind Water
For Tamarind Water
- 2 ½ cups Tamarind Pulp
- 12 g Ginger (sliced)
- 1 cup Honey
- ½ tablespoon Lime Juice
- 3 cups Water
- Add and bring 3 cups of water to a boil in a medium-sized saucepan.
- Reduce the stove’s heat to medium and cook for 10 minutes with the peeled tamarinds and ginger slices.
- Turn off the heat under the saucepan and allow the water to cool completely after cooking the tamarinds.
- Remove the tamarinds and keep the soaking water aside.
- Now strain the tamarind water with the help of a strainer and add lemon juice and honey into the water.
- Now pour tamarind water into the glass.
- As you gradually add the ginger ale, make a foamy head-like beer as you gently pour the ginger ale. The color of the beer will gradually change to a muddy brownish color.
So this was the final recipe for tamarind beer. I hope you like it. Try making it at home, and tell me how you liked it in the comments. I’ll see you again with another recipe. Until then, take care, and happy cooking!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What is tamarind beer?
Tamarind beer is a type of beer that is brewed with tamarind extract. Tamarind is a fruit that grows in tropical climates and has a sour, sweet, and tangy flavor.
How does tamarind beer taste?
Tamarind beer has a unique sour, sweet, and tangy flavor. It is often described as being similar to a sour candy or unripe mango.
Is tamarind beer vegan?
Yes, tamarind beer is vegan as it contains all vegan ingredients.