Are you tired of butter toast? Switch it up and make crunchy tahini toast. This is a great way to make your morning bread satisfying. Try creamy tahini sauce spread over bread toast. It is one of the simplest, sweet, and cozy fall breakfasts.
The recipe for tahini toast has no intense steps. Just make your tahini sauce with sesame seeds and oil. Then, spread this sauce over bread and add toppings like apple slices and honey. Bake the toast for sometime to get a crunchy and caramelized tahini toast.
One pro tip for you is to toast the bread before too. This will help maintain the crunch of the toast and prevents its from becoming soggy. For the toppings, you can choose as per your preference. I have used apples for my tahini toast recipe.
Let us now dive into one of the healthiest tahini toast recipes. While scrolling down, you will find a list of essential ingredients and equipment to make this delicious toast. Be ready to excite your taste and fill your belly with this healthy toast!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Tahini Toast?
- Bowl – You will need a large mixing bowl to mix all the ingredients required for preparing the tahini sauce.
- Saucepan – Roast the sesame seeds (until they turn brown) for the sauce to spread over the bread.
- Spatula – Flat spatula to stir the seeds to prevent them from burning.
- Toaster – You need the toaster for toasting the bread to enjoy the crispy bread at each bite.
- Food Processor – The food processor will come in handy to grind the roasted seeds for the sauce
- Oven – You need the oven to bake your apple and tahini toast and give it a smooth and crisp touch.
- Knife and Chopping Board – Use a sharp knife and a heavy chopping board to slice up those apples neatly for the topping.
- Parchment Paper – The parchment paper prevents the food from sticking to the oven grills.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Tahini Toast?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Time Taken|
|10 Minutes||20 Minutes||30 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Tahini Toast?
- Bread – Bread is one of the main ingredients to make your tahini toast breakfast tasty and healthy.
- Tahini – We need tahini or sesame seeds to make the tahini sauce with a smooth consistency to be spread over the bread.
- Oil – Add the oil to the tahini sauce to give it a smooth consistency.
- Salt – For giving the toast a savory flavor (optional).
- Apples – You can use your favorite apple variety for the tahini toast. You can go for gala apples as they have the perfect level of sweetness, but you can use whatever you choose.
- Honey – It is optional to give your recipe a sweet taste. You can use it as a topping.
Steps To Make Tahini Toast
For Making Tahini Sauce
1. Roast The Sesame Seeds
Take two cups of sesame seeds and roast them. We recommend doing it on the stove to prevent them from burning. Use a dry and wide saucepan over medium-low heat. Then stir constantly with a spatula until the seeds darken in color and become fragrant.
2. Process The Tahini
Let the sesame seeds cool down and add them to the food processor jar. Shut the lid, and then mix until a paste begins to form.
3. Add Oil To Make A Cream
Add two to four tablespoons of neutral-flavored oil like olive oil to the food processor. This will help make the tahini sauce to become extra smooth and consistent.
For Making The Toast
4. Chop The Apples
Preheat the oven to 200 degrees. Meanwhile, thinly chop the two large apples into crescent slices. Make each slice as much as possible since the goal is to lay them flat on the toast.
5. A Layer Of Tahini
Spread a layer of tahini sauce on each piece of bread. If you have toasted the bread, spread the tahini on the toasted side.
6. Time To Toast The Bread
Once you are done with all the steps, place the parchment paper on your grill tray and place the bread to match the shape as best as possible.
Drizzle 4 tablespoons of honey over the sauce and, layer the apples. Bake this toast for 15-20 minutes until honey begins to caramelize. Then, allow to cool and enjoy.
How Will Tahini Toast Look And Taste Like?
This apple tahini toast is one of my simplest, sweetest, and cozy breakfasts. The sweet baked apples with shiny honey, bitter creamy Tahini, and a touch of lemon juice will set your mood.
There are a lot of flavors and textures that come together. This makes the toast delicious as well as interesting.
Tahini Toast Recipe
- 4 slices Bread (gluten-Free optional)
- 2 large Apples
- 4 tablespoons Honey
- 2 tablespoons Tahini Sauce
For Tahini Sauce
- 2 cups Tahini (Sesame Seeds)
- 2-4 tablespoons Oil
For The Tahini Sauce
- Prepare tahini sauce in advance to avoid the hustle. Start by roasting the 2 cups of sesame seeds in a dry saucepan. Stir and roast until they turn brown.
- For tahini sauce, grind the roasted sesame seeds in the food processor.
- Pour two tablespoons of oil and some salt to make it smooth and creamy.
For Tahini Toast
- Once decked with the sauce, put the two slices of bread in a toaster to toast until crispy. Preheat the oven to 200 degrees and follow the further instructions as follows.
- Spread some processed tahini sauce on each slice of bread toast, pile the chopped apples on the top, and drizzle a bit more tahini sauce and honey over the unprocessed toast.
- Lay down the parchment paper on a grilling tray and place the toast for baking.
- Once the oven gets heated, place the grilling tray and allow it to bake for 15-20 minutes.
- Once it is done, cool it for 2 minutes and place it on the plate and serve.
It’s always nice to change your taste! Give Tahini Toast a try the next time you’re craving something different- you’ll be glad to take a bite of this crunchy toast.
If you do make this, please experience it; we would love to know, as your feedback will motivate us to come back with something new and delicious. Leave a comment if you have any queries! You all know this is the best place to reach us.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What tastes good with tahini toast?
Tahini is a North African, Middle Eastern, and Mediterranean (Greek, Turkish, Israeli) cuisine. You can pair it with eggplant, cilantro, and yogurt.
Does tahini sauce need to be refrigerated?
Tahini is shelf-stable, meaning you don’t have to refrigerate it even after opening the jar. You can store Tahini in a cool and dry place, away from direct sunlight or any heat source.
What does tahini taste like?
Tahini is made from sesame seeds but isn’t sweet like nut butter. It has a quite bitter taste comparatively.