If you crave tacos at odd hours, then this recipe is definitely for you. The recipe that I am going to share today is for Tacos Al Pastor.
Unlike tacos filled with beef, chicken, or even fish, Taco Al Pastor are filled with pork. The recipe got its name from the technique adopted by Mexican shepherds to prepare strips of marinated pork on vertical spits. Hence, the name “Taco Al Pastor” means “Shepherd style.”
To make Taco Al Pastor quickly, shred the pork and crush half of the pineapple. Cook remaining pineapple chunks and add enchilada sauce to the skillet with pork and juices. Fill this mixture in tacos with some onions and cilantro.
This is just a brief of the recipe. You will get to know the details of the recipe further. Till then, make a note of the ingredients you need for this recipe. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Doritos Chicken Casserole– The recipe which I am going to share now is everyone’s favorite. This recipe is a combination of both the Chicken and the tacos or I must say Doritos.
2. Cabbage and Noodles– This recipe is also known as Haluski, this recipe is a perfect way to use the leftover cabbage. It becomes a fantastic side dish with some fries.
3. Chicken Taco– The cuisines of Mexico are world-famous but people love the most is Chicken taco which is the favorite dish of Mexico and everyone loves to eat Chicken taco.
4. Gregg’s Pizza– Pizza is the food for the soul and there are many varieties of pizza that you can have. Today, I am going to tell you about a very special type of pizza known as Gregg’s Pizza.
Ingredients For Tacos Al Pastor
- 1 Package Refrigerated Pork Roast Au Jus (15 ounces)
- 1 cup Unsweetened Pineapple Chunks (divided and well-drained)
- 1 tablespoon Canola Oil
- 1/2 cup Enchilada Sauce
- 8 Corn Tortillas (warmed)
- 1/2 cup Finely Chopped Onion
- 1/4 cup Chopped Fresh Cilantro
- Optional ingredients: Crumbled Queso Fresco, Salsa Verde and Lime Wedges
The ingredients you need to make this recipe can be found very easily in any grocery store. Take a look in your kitchen before heading out to fetch them. You might have them stocked up in your pantry.
How To Much Time Will It Take To Make Tacos Al Pastor?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||10 Minutes||25 Minutes|
Your tacos will be ready after 25 minutes. You will love this quick recipe. Let’s see how these tacos are made at home.
Steps To Make Tacos Al Pastor
- Take a small bowl to crush pineapples in it using a fork. Coarsely shred pork and reserve the juice.
- Take a large non-stick skillet and heat oil in it over medium-high flame. Add whole pineapple chunks and cook for 2-3 minutes or till they get light brown. Flip them occasionally. Remove them from the pan.
- Now, add enchilada sauce and crushed pineapple to the skillet. Pour the reserved juices and pork in it. Cook this for 4-6 minutes over the medium-high flame till all the liquid evaporates. Stir the mixture occasionally.
- Stuff this mixture with onions, cilantro, and pineapple chunks into the tacos.
You can top the tacos with queso fresco and salsa if you want to. Also, you can serve the taco with a lemon wedge to be squeezed on them to add some tang to it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Tacos Al Pastor
How To Make Tacos Al Pastor At Home | Video
Make sure you give this a try and let me know your reviews for them. In case you have any doubts regarding the recipe, then I have uploaded the video. Watch the video to clear your doubts.
If your query is not resolved by the video, then write it up in the comment section below. I will try to solve them. Now give the recipe a try and enjoy your snack. Happy Taco-ing!