This taco salad flag can be a great choice of food for you on Memorial day or the 4th of July. In this blog, I am going to show you how you can make the best taco salad flag at home.
Taco salad flag is a dish that has its origin in Texas. This salad is also known as the 4th of July Taco Salad because people usually make it during the national holiday across America. It is a very popular food choice among Texas people because of its amazing looks and delicious taste.
For making taco salad flag, cook beef with water, taco seasoning and salsa. Cook for 10 minutes. Layer a dish with tortilla chips and spread beef over it. Top with lettuce. Now make the stars of the flag using olives and stripes using cheese and tomatoes.
This dish is easy to prepare and a fun one too. If I talk about myself, I really enjoy the part where we assemble the American flag. But there are more detailed steps to know more about this recipe. First, let’s talk about the ingredients.
Taco Salad Flag Recipe
- 450 mg Beef
- ¼ Cup Salsa
- ¾ Cup Water
- 2 tbsp Taco Seasoning
- 4 Cups Shredded Lettuce
- 5-6 Cups Tortilla Chips
- ½ Cups Sliced Olives
- 3 Cups Cherry Tomatoes
- 2 Cups Shredded Cheddar Cheese
- In a pan, add the beef and cook it at medium flame until you feel the meat is cooked properly. Then, add water and taco and salsa seasoning. Now on low flame, cook it without covering it for about 9-11 minutes.
- Now, place the tortilla chips on a 13 x 9 dish. Then, spread the beef all over it. Top the beef with lettuce.
- Finally, add in the olives in the upper left corner for stars and cheese and tomatoes for stripes to give it an American flag look.
- The taco salad flag is ready to be served.