The recipe I am going to share today is of Swiss Enchiladas. You can prepare them at home in minutes.
To make this Mexican dish at your place, you can use either corn tortilla or flour tortilla. It is a cheesy and creamy dish. This is the reason these are called swiss enchiladas because of the use of dairy in it. Basic enchiladas are made with a tomato-based sauce. In Mexico, people also call this dish Enchiladas Suizas.
Swiss Enchiladas are prepared by mixing all the chicken, green chile and green chile salsa all together, cooking them up with salt and cream. Then filling the tortillas with this mixture, sprinkle some cheese over the tortillas and bake them in the preheated oven.
But to get the exact and authentic taste of this Mexican food, you need to follow all the detailed steps mentioned below. Starting with the ingredients, take a look at the requirements.
Ingredients For Swiss Enchiladas
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken (chopped)
- 4 ounce Green Chilies (chopped)
- 7 ounce can Prepared Green Chile Salsa
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- Oil For Frying
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 ½ cups Shredded Monterey Jack Cheese
The ingredients you need for this enchiladas suizas recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Just make a list of what you already have and what you want from the supermarket. Also, take a look at the time required to make this dish.
How Much Time It Will Take To Make Swiss Enchiladas?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|30 minutes||20 minutes||50 minutes|
Within an hour, these chicken enchiladas will be ready to serve and tasted. Take a look on the steps involved in making this dish.
Steps To Make Swiss Enchiladas
- Set the oven on preheat mode at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Take a bowl and mix chicken, chilies and salsa in it.
- In a shallow dish, stir whipped cream and salt together.
- Take a heavy large skillet. Heat it on a medium-high flame and fry each tortilla in it. Cook them till they blister. Once done, immediately dip into cream mixture.
- Fill the tortilla with chicken mixture. Roll and bake it with the flap side down. Pour the remaining cream over the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake until the cheese melts. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.
You can also serve swiss chicken enchiladas with some salad. Surely try this recipe, you will see how much it is liked by everyone at your place.
Nutritional Breakdown Of Swiss Enchiladas
How To Make Swiss Enchiladas At Home | Video
Also, watch the video I have uploaded of the recipe to know more details.
In case you have any queries, do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section below. I will try to help you with my best knowledge. You can also suggest me some recipe to share with you. This will be a great idea to help you with what you want. Bon Appetite!