The recipe I am going to share today is Swiss enchiladas. You can prepare them at home in a few minutes.
To make this Mexican dish at your place, you can use either corn tortillas or flour tortillas. It is a cheesy and creamy dish. This is the reason these are called Swiss enchiladas because of the use of dairy in it. Basic enchiladas are made with a tomato-based sauce. In Mexico, people also call this dish Enchiladas Suizas.
To make Swiss Enchiladas, mix the chicken, green chile, and green chile salsa in a bowl. Fry the tortillas and dip them in a mixture of salt and cream. Then, fill the tortillas with this mixture. Sprinkle some cheese over the tortillas and bake them in a preheated oven.
This was just the snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Texas Stew– A stew is one such dish that almost everyone loves as a comforting meal. It is a healthy option to cook for everyone in the family. Texas stew is one such healthy and easy-to-make stew.
2. Baked Cod– Cod is an incredible fish and one of the most sold in America, as it is one of the most versatile too. Cod is excellently salted already but I recommend it to be lightly salted and then allowed to sit for a few hours in the fridge.
3. Salmon Skin Roll– For those who love seafood a lot, the salmon skin roll could be a great option and anyone can make them at home with this recipe. And can enjoy it with friends and family on a beautiful evening.
4. Lentil Stew– The stew embodies the smoothness of green vegetables, tanginess of tomatoes, edgy flavor of garlic, fiery touch of smoked paprika, and the richness of lentils.
Swiss Enchiladas Recipe
- Heavy Skillet
- 2 cups Cooked Chicken (chopped)
- 4 ounces Green Chilies (chopped)
- 1 7-ounce can Prepared Green Chile Salsa
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- 2 cups Whipping Cream
- Oil For Frying
- 12 Corn Tortillas
- 1 ½ cups Monterey Jack Cheese (shredded)
- Preheat the oven to 350oF (175oC).
- Take a bowl and mix chicken, chilies, and salsa in it.
- In a shallow dish, stir whipped cream and salt together.
- Take a heavy large skillet. Heat it on a medium-high flame and fry each tortilla in it. Cook them until they blister. Once done, immediately dip into the cream mixture.
- Fill the tortilla with chicken mixture. Roll and bake it with the flap side down. Pour the remaining cream over the tortilla and sprinkle with cheese.
- Put the enchiladas in the oven. Bake until the cheese melts. This will take 15-20 minutes.
- Serve hot.