Who doesn’t like chocolate cakes? Some people don’t. And I don’t like them.) And when a cake comes up, the first thing that pops up into most of our heads is chocolate cakes. But have you tried making them on your own rather than buying them? Making them would cost a bit less but will require time and patience as well.
The first cake I ever tried making was the Swiss Chocolate Squares. Here are the best Swiss chocolate brands for you to check out! They are a thin layer of cake with a fantastic creamy frosting on top which are cut into small squares after.
The frosting is really what’s worth it and makes it super delicious. I think that these are better to eat on the second day of making when the frosting has taken it’s time to soak into the top of the cake, the taste remains in your mouth even several days later. It’s all worth the effort! Want to try?
But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Chocolate Avocados Mousse– Avocado Chocolate Mousse is a healthy no-bake dessert recipe made with a few ingredients in a few minutes. It’s vegan, refined sugar-free and tastes sweet and rich.
2. No-Bake Chocolate Marquise– For the ultimate chocolate lover in you, this easy to make and yummy in taste no-bake chocolate marquise is a must have for you.
3. Classic Dark Chocolate Mousse– Classic chocolate mousse makes any dinner feel a little more fancy. It’s great for a dinner party because it looks so pretty, everyone gets their own serving, and you can make it ahead.
4. Clafoutis– It is a baked French dessert of fruit, traditionally cherries, arranged in a buttered dish and covered with a thick flan-like batter. The preparation is easy and there is nothing at all in this recipe that is difficult to understand.
Ingredients for Swiss Chocolate Square
For the Cake
|Baking Soda||1 tsp|
|Slightly Beaten Large Eggs||2|
|Sour Cream||½ cup|
|Cubed Butter||½ cup|
|Unsweetened Chocolate||1-1/2 ounces|
For the Frosting
|Icing Sugar||4 cups|
|Cubed Butter||½ cup|
|Swiss Chocolate||1-1/2 ounces|
|Vanilla Extract||1 tsp|
|Pecan Halves / Chocolate Chips||optional|
You can buy all of these ingredients from any supermarket near your home. Now let’s proceed to how much time it will take you prepare this Swiss Chocolate Square at home.
How Much Time Will It Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 Minutes||25 Minutes||45 Minutes|
Now you’ve collected all the ingredients and you know how much time will this delightful dessert will take to prepare at home. So now, let’s see the directions that you need to follow to make this at home.
Swiss Chocolate Square Recipe
- To make the cake take a large bowl, in it combine the flour, sugar, baking soda and salt in the above-mentioned amount. In another small bowl, combine eggs and sour cream and beat them together.
- Then in a small saucepan, cook and stir water, butter and chocolate on low heat just until melted and then take it down.
- First stir in dry ingredients then stirs in the sour cream and egg mixture until the overall mix is well blended together.
- Then pour the overall mix into a greased and floured 15x10x1-in. Baking/jelly roll pan. Bake it at 375° for 20-25 minutes, or just until if a toothpick is inserted in the centre, it comes out clean. Then let it cool outside for at least 30 minutes.
- Until it’s cool, let’s prepare the frosting. Place confectioner’s sugar in a large bowl and set it aside.
- Then in a small saucepan, combine the mentioned amount of butter, milk and chocolate. Bring to a boil and keep stirring it constantly until melted.
- Then mix it with confectioner’s sugar until the mix is smooth. Add in vanilla, stir with the mix and then set it aside for 5 minutes. Then spread the mix evenly over the warm cake.
- Top with pecan halves or miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips, whatever you desire.
- Let the cake cool down completely before cutting it into small squares. You’ll want to cut it over a wax paper, newspaper, or something because the frosting is mostly going to pour over the edges when you cut it into squares.
Your tasty Swiss Chocolate Squares are ready to nourish your sweet tooth.
Nutritional Breakdown of Swiss Chocolate Square
If you are a diet conscious person, then you can check out the nutritional breakdown of these Chocolate Squares.
Now I highly recommend you all to make these chocolate square at your home and share your experience in the comments below. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.