Making sushi rice at home may sound a little difficult. But with this recipe of sushi rice, you can make it easily at your home.
Sushi rice is different from plain steamed rice. It is made from short-grained rice is flavored with vinegar. Sugar and salt are also used as additional seasonings for the rice.
To make sushi rice, wash and drain the rice properly. Soak it for 30 minutes and then drain it. Put this rice in a pot or rice cooker and add water. Cook for about 20 minutes and transfer to a bowl. Mix vinegar, sugar, and salt in a bowl and pour over the cooked rice. Mix the rice using a spatula. Your sushi rice is ready to use.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
1. Syrian Rice– Syrian rice is not your run-of-the-mill cooked rice. It is rice that is cooked in butter along with orzo pasta or broken spaghetti. It is easy to cook and can be served with a lot of different curries.
2. Southwestern Rice– Southwestern rice is a delicious and colorful rice dish that goes great with Texan and Mexican meals. It includes a lot of veggies and is really healthy. It is also easy to cook and isn’t much time-consuming.
3. Black-eyed Peas and Rice– This recipe is a healthy bowl of rice meal. Using different vegetables makes this dish delicious and colorful. You need to do overnight preparation for this recipe. But don’t be worried as it is a simple and easy recipe.
4. Jasmine Rice– This rice is famous all across South East Asia. It is a long-grain rice that is native to Thailand. As the name suggests, jasmine rice is lovely and subtly fragrant.
Sushi Rice Recipe
- Large Bowl
- Glass Bowl
- 2 cups Short-Grained Japanese Rice
- 2 cups Water
- 4 tbsp vineger
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 1 tbsp kosher Salt
- In a large bowl, add the rice. Wash the rice 3-4 times a few times until the starch of the rice is removed. Then, drain the rice completely.
- Soak the rice in water for about 30 minutes. Then, drain it in a sieve.
- Mix it to make the vinegar seasoning for the rice.
- In a pot or rice cooker, add the rice along with 2 cups of water. Cook until the water dries for about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the rice to a moistened glass bowl. Pour over the vinegar seasoning and mix it using a spatula.
- Finally, the sushi rice is are ready to use.
Your doubts are most welcome in my comment section below. So write them up and I will be replying to them with my best knowledge. Do give it a try and share its reviews too. You can also suggest me some recipe which you want to learn about. Have a good day!