We all enjoy having some cookies with a steaming cup of coffee! What if I told you there is a beverage that can give you both flavors in a single sip? Try this sugar cookie latte recipe if you haven’t yet. Make this wonderful beverage at home this holiday season.
I’m sure some of you have seen the drink on the Starbucks menu, even if you haven’t tried it. Although Starbucks beverages are excellent, driving there and waiting in line for a latte might be exhausting. Starting your day with a cup of our sugar cookie latte is a great idea during the holiday season.
Most Starbucks recipes are hard to recreate, but not this one. So let’s look at everything we’ll need to make this delicious cocktail. You’ll need espresso, sugar, and almond extracts to make this at home.
Feel like you have everything you need at home? If so, why wait for the holidays to arrive? Let’s give it a shot today so that by Christmas, we can make sugar cookie lattes with ease. These tasty drinks will brighten your day.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe?
- Saucepan – We need a good saucepan to make the syrup as well as to mix the ingredients.
- Glasses – It is required for serving purposes.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||6 Minutes||11 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe?
For Sugar Cookie Syrup
- Water – We will need one cup of water to make this drink. Water serves as the base for sugar cookie syrup.
- White Sugar – To make the sugar cookie syrup, we need one cup of white sugar.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar gives the syrup a more caramelized flavor, and we need ½ cup of brown sugar for this purpose.
- Vanilla Extract – Vanilla extract brings more flavor to the syrup, so we need ½ teaspoon of vanilla extract.
- Almond Extract – If you are someone who loves a bit of nutty flavor in your food. Then you need ½ a teaspoon of almond extract for this recipe. However, if you don’t like the almond flavor, you can totally skip this.
- White Chocolate Chip – ¼ cup of white chocolate chip bring a creamy sweet taste and texture to the sugar cookie syrup.
For Sugar Cookie Latte
- Sugar Cookie Syrup – This is the key ingredient for the recipe. And for making this latte, we need one tablespoon of sugar cookie syrup.
- Espresso – Latte is incomplete without a shot of espresso. For 12 ounces of milk, we need 2 ounces of an espresso shot.
- Almond Milk – A mild nutty flavor and sweetness and bitterness make the sugar cookie latte special, and we need 12 ounces of almond milk. However, if you aren’t big on almond milk, choose the milk of your choice.
- Whipped Cream – This is optional and can be used according to one’s liking.
Steps To Make Sugar Cookie Latte
1. Caramelize Sugar
In a saucepan, add one cup of water along with one cup of white sugar and half a cup of brown sugar. Put it on low heat and stir it until it becomes thick and caramelized. Make sure to do the occasional string to get perfect consistency.
2. Add Extract
Into the caramel syrup, add 1 ounce of vanilla extract and almond extract and stir well. Bring it off from the heat.
3. Mix White Chocolate Chip
Add half a cup of white chocolate chip into the syrup and stir until it is completely melted. This is the base mixture for our sugar cookie latte.
4. Add The Sugar Syrup
Once you have prepared the sugar syrup, start making your sugar cookie latte by pouring two tablespoons of the syrup into the bottom of the glass. If you like more sweetness, add more of it.
5. Add Espresso Shots
Into a large glass, add one ounce of an espresso shot. If you are a fan of the strong coffee taste, then you can add up to two shots.
6. Pour Milk
Fill the rest of the glass with chilled milk or hot milk. Sugar Cookie Latte can be taken as both cold or hot drinks. Almond milk adds a nutty flavor to the drink. However, you can add any milk of your choice.
If you are planning to serve it hot, make sure to boil the milk and make it as frothy as possible before adding it to the mixture.
7. Serve The Latte
Once your drink is ready to serve, you can top it off with some yummy whipped cream or chocolate sprinkles.
|Total Fat||6 g|
|Saturated Fat||0 g|
|Dietary Fiber||1 g|
How Long Does the Sugar Cookie Latte Syrup Last?
Sugar cookie syrup is the only thing in this recipe that needs a little bit of cooking. But once you have made it by putting in a little effort, you can use it for up to two weeks.
Sugar latte syrup will perish if kept outside. So always make sure to store it in a tight jar and keep it inside the refrigerator.
How Will Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe Look And Taste?
This sugar cookie latte is the perfect drink for a lazy winter morning. The taste of sugar cookie syrup and the whole shot of espresso and cold milk is too good to be missed.
This recipe looks exactly like the Starbucks sugar cookie latte when served along with whipped cream and sprinkles.
Sugar Cookie Latte Recipe
- 1 cup water
- cup White Sugar
- ½ cup Brown Sugar
- ½ teaspoon Vanilla Extract.
- ½ teaspoon Almond Extract
- ¼ cup White Chocolate Chips
- 1 tablespoon Sugar Cookie Syrup
- 2 ounces Espresso
- 12 ounces Milk
- Whipped cream (as required)
- In a pan, take one cup of water and mix one cup of white sugar and half a cup of brown sugar into it.
- Heat the pan and simmer it for 5 minutes or until the mixture starts to have a syrup consistency.
- Once the mixture attains the syrup consistency, add vanilla extract and almond extract to it.
- Bring it down from the heat and add white chocolate chip cookies. Mix it all well until the cookie starts melting into the syrup. Sugar cookie syrup is ready.
- Once the syrup is ready, take a glass and pour one tablespoon of syrup into it. Add 2 ounces of espresso shot and fill the glass with hot or chilled milk.
- Stir it well and top it off with some whipped cream. The sugar cookie latte is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
What is the sugar cookie latte?
A sugar cookie latte is a coffee drink made from an espresso shot, milk, and sugar cookie syrup.
What coffee is in the sugar cookie latte?
You can use espresso or any other coffee shots of your choice.
Can you get the sugar cookie latte with regular milk?
Yes. Starbucks makes it with almond milk. However, when we are making it at home, we can make it with our choice of milk.
Does the sugar cookie latte have caffeine?
Yes. The sugar cookie latte has a good amount of caffeine content in it.
Now that we have reached the end of the article, I hope your search for a perfect holiday drink is over here. This sugar cookie latte is so delicious and can be made in a minute. This holiday, begin your day with our special sugar cookie latte!