Subway tuna sandwich is one of the popular sandwiches offered at Subway. Loaded with refreshing veggies and succulent flavors, the Subway tuna sandwich is delightful. If you love tuna sandwiches and don’t wish to spend a fortune buying it, we have got everything covered for you. Today, we will be helping you to make Subway tuna sandwich at home.
To prepare Subway’s Subway Tuna Sandwich, you need mayonnaise, tuna flakes, tomato, lettuce, pickle, onion, cheese slices and bread loaf. Combine the tuna flakes with mayonnaise, salt, pepper, and lemon juice. Add the tuna mixture to the bottom loaf of the bread, followed by lettuce, onions, tomatoes, and cheese slices. The Subway tuna sandwich will be ready.
Tuna flakes are the main components that will bring out the fish’s natural flavors to shine. The tuna flavors serve the ideal foundation for other healthy toppings. While you think of preparing this sandwich, let me tell you there is no fuss about cooking or baking when it comes to Subway sandwiches. The idea of being able to customize the Subway tuna sandwich as per your taste is a cherry on the top and you can make it in no time.
Want to make the bread healthier? You can use millet and its substitutes. This was just a brief about how Subway makes their sandwiches. To know the exact copycat recipe, make sure you follow the complete guide below. But before getting the instructions, check out our other copycat recipes below. Here’s a rundown to some other recipes that you will find on our website.
1. In-N-Out Double-Double – In-N-Out Double-Double Burger is one of the tastiest hamburgers and its recipe is almost 70 years old. This burger is so popular because of the crispiness of the buns, the size of the relish, the best beef to use and much more.
2. Chipotle Carne Guisada – It is a Latin Beef Stew and is a perfect meal for dinner that is served by Chipotle, one of the most popular Mexican fast-food chains in America.
3. Starbucks Grilled Cheese Sandwich – Starbucks is popular for its coffee drink. But another item that is popular on their menu is their grilled cheese sandwich that you can easily make at home.
4. Taco Bell Tostada – Tostada is a golden tortilla of crispy consistency and a rough mixture in Mexican cuisine. It is flat to hold all of the toppings. Being one of the tastiest food, Taco Bell Tostada is quite famous among a wide section of people.
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich?
- Bowl – A large bowl would suffice to mix all of the ingredients needed to make the Subway tuna sandwich.
- Knife – Slice the tomatoes and onions with a sharp knife.
- Spoon – Combine the tuna flakes with a tablespoon of mayonnaise with the help of a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|15 Minutes||–||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich?
- Bread Loaf – Take a bread loaf to prepare Subway tuna sandwich.
- Mayonnaise – The custardy texture of the mayonnaise will help you in making a smooth mixture for the sandwich.
- Tuna Chunks – It is advisable that you shred the tuna chunks. The mild and tender flavor of fish is the star of the dish.
- Tomato – Add some tomato slices to the Subway sandwich.
- Lettuce – Fresh lettuce added to the tuna sandwich will add crunchiness.
- Pickle – Slight tart and spicy sharpness will be added to the tuna sandwich with pickle slices.
- Red Onion – These are some of the basic veggies which must be added to the sandwich for a good crunch. You can, however, add more veggies if you feel like.
- Cheese Slices– Add some cheesy goodness to the sandwich with two slices of cheese.
- Salt – Add according to your taste preferences.
- Black Pepper – Season the filling with a pinch of black pepper.
- Lemon Juice– Add some zest to the sandwich by adding a teaspoon of lemon juice.
Steps To Make Subway Tuna Sandwich
1. Make The Tuna Mix!
In a large container, add chunks of tuna that have been refrigerated overnight. Add a dollop of mayonnaise and mix it well. To this mixture, add salt and lemon juice. Combine the mixture properly and keep it aside. Meanwhile, thinly chop tomatoes, onions, and shred some lettuce.
2. Wrap It Up
Take a toasted slice of bread and spread this mixture evenly. You can add the vegetables you would like to go along with it. We added some thinly chopped tomatoes, shredded crunchy lettuce, tuna mix, and a tablespoon of pickle to achieve tart flavors. Top it up with a slice of cheese. The Subway tuna sandwich will be ready to chow!
How Will Subway Tuna Sandwich Look And Taste Like?
Subway tuna sandwich is an authentic sandwich filled with fresh veggies and delish flavors. Tune flakes are plunged with a spicy and flavorful mayonnaise that bring out appetizing flavors. The filling in the Subway tuna sandwich includes crunchy lettuce, fresh tomatoes, tangy pickles, onions, and some flavorful sauces. Begin to chow the tuna sandwich that is refreshing, juicy, and satiating.
Subway Tuna Sandwich Recipe
- 1 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Loaf Bread Loaf
- 2 cans Tuna Chunks
- 4 Tomato slices
- ½ cup Shredded Lettuce
- 6 Pickle Slices
- ½ cup Red Onion (Chopped)
- 2 Cheese Slices
- 1 tablespoon Salt
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ cup Lemon Juice
- In a bowl, add tuna chunks and mix them with a tablespoon of mayonnaise, salt, lemon juice, and black pepper.
- Mix everything properly.
- Now thinly slice tomatos, onions and lettuce.
- Take a piece of bread and put the mixture on it. Now put shredded lettuce on the bread. Then put tomato slices and onion rings on it. On top of the onions, add pickle slices and finish it up with cheese slices.
- Place the other side of the bread on it and your subway tuna sandwich is ready to serve.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
What goes on a tuna sub at Subway?
Subway tuna sandwich is topped wild caught tuna blended with creamy mayo then topped with your choice of crisp, fresh veggies.
What cheese goes with tuna?
The best combination of cheese with tuna is provolone and extra sharp cheddar.
Do you put eggs in tuna fish?
The addition of chopped boiled eggs makes this tuna salad extra creamy and filling. However, the subway tuna sandwich is customizable which makes it even more delicious.
What to add to tuna to make it taste better?
Tuna tastes good raw or canned and can be eaten by itself. However, tuna will taste better if you add avocado, bell pepper, tomatoes, cream cheese or corn to it.
Now, it’s time for you to make these awesome Subway tuna sandwiches at your home. I request you to leave your valuable suggestions and queries in the comment section below. I’ll try to get back to you as soon as possible.