The name of the recipe for today is stuffed rigatoni. This recipe is a combination of loads of cheese covered within the cooked pasta layers and some exceptional ingredients that give it a unique taste.
The cheese is the primary ingredient that you will find in Italian cuisines and it never overrides the original taste of the recipe. That is how you balance the contents of a recipe correctly and Italian cuisine has mastered it.
To make stuffed rigatoni, boil water in a pot and cook rigatoni. Drain it and keep it on a greased baking sheet. Mix ricotta, spinach, egg, parmesan, garlic, salt, pepper, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Put this filling in the base of the skillet. Stuff the rigatoni with this filling and place it vertically in the skillet in concentric circles. Top it with the filling and cheese. Bake it for 30 minutes.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Vegetarian Lasagna– Learning to make a veggie lasagna is something that foodies of all ages can do. It’s packed with all manner of healthy ingredients but still substantial enough to fill you up until breakfast, so it’s the ideal food for students to make too.
2. Rosemary Rabbit– Rosemary rabbit is a great dish with a herby flavor. Rabbit meat tastes similar to chicken meat. Rabbit meat is rich in vitamins, minerals, and protein. It is also low in fat which makes it easy to digest.
3. Chicken Tetrazzini– This Chicken Tetrazzini is easy, creamy, cheesy, delicious, and loved by everyone! It’s classic comfort food and a perfect dinner for the entire family.
4. Baked Ziti– As a pasta lover, I always try new dishes which has pasta as the main ingredient. So I wrote the recipe for Baked Ziti.
Stuffed Rigatoni Recipe
- ¾ pounds Rigatoni
- 16 oz. Container Ricotta
- ½ box Frozen Spinach
- 1 ½ cup Mozzarella (shredded)
- ½ cup Parmesan (grated)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- Zest of 1 Lemon
- A pinch Red Pepper Flakes
- 32 oz. Marinara
- Kosher Salt (to taste)
- 1 Egg
- Preheat the oven to 350oF. Brush a large rimmed baking sheet with some oil on it.
- Take a large pot and boil some water in it with added salt. Cook rigatoni in this pot according to the instructions until it becomes soft.
- Drain it and lay all of it on the prepared baking sheet.
- Now, mix ricotta, spinach, egg, parmesan, garlic, and lemon zest in a large bowl. Add some salt and a pinch of red pepper flakes to it.
- Shift this mixture to a piping bag or any resealable plastic bag and snip its one corner.
- Add a layer of sauce into the bottom of a large skillet or baking dish. Stuff the rigatoni with ricotta mixture and keep it on top of sauce in concentric circles in a smooth layer.
- Add more sauce and top it with some mozzarella and place another layer of filled rigatoni on the top of it.
- Garnish with some parmesan and place the skillet in the oven. Bake it until the top feels crispy and the sauce begins to bubble. It would take you 30 minutes to bake it thoroughly and enjoy!