Strata is a casserole dish from American cuisine. It is made with bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, and vegetables. It is a fairly simple dish to make is delicious.
I learned how to make Strata from my uncle. He invited us for a brunch party at his home. He made Strata at a party. I loved it and asked him for the recipe. He gave it to me with proper instructions and details.
To make Strata, melt butter in a pan. Cook onions and garlic in it. Then, add spinach to it and cook. In a large bowl, whisk eggs, milk, half-and-half, cayenne, pepper, nutmeg, and salt. In a greased baking dish, layer bread, spinach, bacon, and cheese. Pour the custard over the strata. Bake it for 70 minutes.
This was just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below. Also, there are a variety of breakfast recipes that you can try as well. Do check them as well.
1. Wagyu Zabuton Steak Sandwich– Wagyu beef is a kind of luxury beef and goes high in the food hierarchy. It is quite expensive and rare. If you lay hands on some, try to make a steak sandwich out of it.
2. Pork Casserole– Pork casserole is something that anyone can make at their home using leftover pork. Thi recipe is very easy to prepare and anyone can make it in just 30 minutes.
3. Pot Congee– Pot congee promotes good health and also helps in better digestion. According to the doctors, pot congee is a very simple and digestive food and it also supplements blood into the body.
4. Stovetop Frittata– Frittata is easy to make and is healthy as well. It is your choice whether you want to have it for breakfast or dinner. It is delicious and I highly recommend it.
- Large Bowl
- Baking Dish
- 1 cup Unsalted Butter
- 6 Eggs
- 1 ½ cups Milk
- ½ Half-and-Half
- 1 pinch Ground Nutmeg
- 1 pinch Cayenne Pepper
- 1 tsp Kosher Salt
- ½ tsp Ground Pepper
- 3 Chopped Spinach Leaves
- 2 cups Chopped Yellow Onions
- 3 Minced Cloves Garlic
- 1 cup Canadian Bacon
- 12 ounces Bread
- ¾ cup Shredded Mild Cheese
- Preheat the oven to 350oF.
- Melt butter in a pan. Add onions and garlic. Cook until the onions become translucent. Then, add the spinach and cook till it reduces in volume. Also, cook the bacon.
- In a large bowl, add eggs, milk, half-and-half, cayenne, pepper, nutmeg, and salt. Whisk them.
- Grease a baking dish with butter. Then, layer 1/3rd bread, cooked spinach, cooked bacon, and cheese. Repeat this for 3 layers. Pour the custard over the strata. Let it rest for 15 minutes.
- Cover it with foil and bake for an hour and 10 minutes.
- After baking it, let it cool for 15 minutes. The Strata is ready!
I hope you’ve liked this recipe. I recommend you all try this recipe at home and share your experience or any of your recipes with us in the comments below.