Frittata is easy to make and is healthy as well. It is your choice whether you want to have it for breakfast or dinner. It is delicious and I highly recommend it.
Frittata comes from the Italian word ‘friggere’ that roughly translates to ‘fried.’ It is a dish made with eggs and cooked in a skillet. They can also be considered as a crustless quiche.
To make frittata, heat oil in a pan. Cook onions in the pan. Whisk eggs and ricotta in the bowl and add salt, pepper, herbs, and cooked onions. Melt butter in a pan and pour the egg mixture into it. When cooked, let it rest for 5 minutes. Then, cut into pieces and serve.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below.
1. Strata– Strata is a casserole dish from American cuisine. It is made with bread, eggs, cheese, bacon, and vegetables. It is a fairly simple dish to make is delicious.This is just a snippet of the recipe. Find the complete recipe below.
2. Scottish Oatcakes– Oatcakes are one of the most popular and traditional dishes of Scotland. It is also considered as the bread of Scotland. They are made by baking in the oven and are really nutritious.
3. Egg Bagels– Egg bagels basically originated in Poland. Anyone can make this recipe at their home in just 30 minutes.
4. Pot Congee– Pot congee promotes good health and also helps in better digestion. According to the doctors, pot congee is a very simple and digestive food and it also supplements blood into the body.
Stovetop Frittata Recipe
- 1 Minced Medium Onion
- 2 Medium Green Onions
- 2 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 6 Large Organic Eggs
- 1 cup Ricotta
- 1 cup Fresh Herbs
- Sea Salt and Black Pepper
- 2 tbsp Butter
- Heat oil in a medium-sized pan. Add onions and green onions to it.
- Cook them until they become golden brown. Then, remove it from the flame and keep it aside.
- Take a bowl and whisk eggs in it. Add ricotta and give it a quick mix.
- Sprinkle salt and black pepper. Then, add the fresh herbs and cooked onions.
- In the same pan, add butter and heat. Once it melts, pour the egg mixture into the pan.
- When the mixture starts to set, with the help of a spatula, ease it away from the sides.
- Once it is cooked, take it out from the pan. Let it rest for 5 minutes.
- Cut it into small sizes or pieces and serve.
Hope you’ve liked this recipe for your next breakfast. If you have some other dishes that you love to have it in your breakfast, do tell us in the comments section.