The recipe I am going to share today is for the stir-fry brown rice noodles. This recipe is one of my favorites because of its exceptional taste and healthy ingredients. This recipe is also easy to make
Brown rice noodles have many benefits other than traditional rice noodles. It contains high fiber, which is good for your metabolism. Cholesterol is not an issue if you have brown rice. It is the supplier of many nutrients to the human body It also contains less sugar, which means fewer calories.
To make stir-fried brown rice noodles, boil noodles in a pot and set them aside. Then, heat oil in a wok and cook mushrooms and garlic in it. In a jug, mix sauces, wine, garlic, ginger, and chili. Also, add cornstarch to it and stir it well. Heat oil again and cook shallots, spinach, and sesame seeds in it. Add the sauce, mushrooms, and noodles to it. Stir them well.
You can enhance the flavors of the noodles by adding some plum sauce to it. Don’t have plum sauce? Here is a list of plum sauce substitutes. There are many other recipes that you can make with rice, I highly recommend you to check them as well.
1. Jasmine Rice– This rice is famous all across South East Asia. It is a long-grain rice that is native to Thailand. As the name suggests, jasmine rice is lovely and subtly fragrant.
2. Sticky Rice– Sticky rice or sweet rice is very different than other types of rice. This glutinous rice from Southeast Asia is used in both; desserts as well as savory dishes.
3. Turmeric Rice– Turmeric rice is a great and easy fried rice recipe with the goodness of turmeric and the flavors of other spices. It is really easy to make and is a great dish to make if you have leftover rice.
4. Vegetable Biryani– Aromatic and flavorful restaurant-style Vegetable Biryani. This fragrant biryani is packed with veggies, spices, herbs, and nuts and is an explosion of flavors in every bite!
Stir-Fry Brown Rice Noodles Recipe
- 200 g Brown Rice Noodles
- 1 cup Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 cup Spinach Leaves
- 4 Shallots
- ⅓ cup Sesame Seeds
For Stir Fry Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Corn Flour
- ⅓ cup Vegetarian Oyster Sauce
- ¼ cup Soy Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese Cooking Wine
- 1 teaspoon Chili
- 1 teaspoon Garlic
- 1 teaspoon Ginger
- Add some peanut oil in a wok and heat it on high flame. Add some mushrooms, garlic, salt and pepper. Cook them along until mushrooms change their color to grey. After the color changes, remove the heat and keep it aside.
- In a pot, boil some water and add the brown rice noodles and leave it for 15 minutes. Drain and rinse these noodles under cold water.
- Add some oyster sauce, soy sauce, and Chinese wine in a jug. Stir it continuously and add garlic, ginger, and chili in it. Add some corn flour to it and keep going until adequately mixed.
- Now, add some oil in the wok again. Add three shallots, spinach and sesame seeds. Let them cook for about 2 minutes and cover with a lid until all the vegetables are cooked well.
- Add the sauce, cooked mushrooms, and the noodles to it. Stir it well.
- When noodles are mixed thoroughly, turn off the heat and serve hot with some garnished shallots.