Sticky toffee pudding is a delicious and creamy dessert for your sweet tooth. You have the toffee pudding covered in toffee sauce, which makes it a great dessert to end your dinner.
Sticky toffee pudding is a British dessert that is popular in the UK and also in other territories like Australia and New Zealand. It is considered as one of the finest English desserts and it’s my favorite too, because of its moist texture and sweet taste.
This sticky toffee pudding can be prepared by mixing cream, butter, brown sugar, flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in a bowl. Add mincemeat and walnuts. Now, bake it for 40 minutes. Then, melt butter in a saucepan, put brown sugar and cream in it. Stir until it becomes thick. Pout it over the cake and it’s ready to be served.
A more detailed recipe for this traditional English sticky pudding is mentioned below. I am sure that you are going to love this dessert once you try it. But before we jump onto the recipe, let’s check out some other desserts that you might like.
1. Princess Pudding– Princess pudding is a chocolaty pudding that you must definitely try. This combination of semisweet chocolate, vanilla bean, eggs, cream and sugar is something that you can’t resist.
2. Persimmon Pudding– Persimmon is a fruit, which looks like a tomato but is a berry. It has a slippery silk-like texture. It tastes creamy, tangy and sweet, all at the same time. Isn’t it an exciting fruit? I would love to eat this fruit. Make a pudding with this will surely be a great dessert.
3. Suet Pudding– A suet pudding was originated in the United Kingdom. It is a British cuisine made up of wheat and suet, either boiled, steamed or baked. This is such a dish that can be prepared sweet or savoury.
4. Tropica Pudding– This is a very special pie made of a very special ingredient- Tropica. Tapioca looks like small pearls; however, it varies in different sizes. It is a gluten-free food but high in carbohydrates, so do not consider it a low-calorie food. Tapioca can be used in dessert and pudding made from it is very beautiful.
Sticky Toffee Pudding Recipe
- Baking Pan
For Sticky Toffee Pudding
- 1/4 Cup Butter
- 3/4 Cup Packed Brown Sugar
- 1 Large Egg
- 1 tbsp Vanilla Extract
- 1 Cup Flour
- 1 tbsp Baking Powder
- 1 tbsp Baking Soda
- 1/2 tbsp Salt
- 2 Cups Prepared Mincemeat
- 3/4 Cup Chopped Walnuts (toasted)
For Toffee Sauce
- 1/2 Cup Butter
- 1 Cup Brown Sugar
- 1/2 Cup Whipping Cream
- First, preheat the oven to 325 degrees.
- Take a baking pan and grease it with oil. Take a large bowl and add cream, butter and brown sugar.
- Mix until blended, then add a large egg and vanilla extract.
- Take another bowl, put flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt in it. Mix it gradually and put it in the cream mixture.
- Add in the mincemeat and walnuts and stir it and mix it together.
- Transfer all of it to the baking pan. Bake it for 45-50 minutes, then take it out.
- Take a small saucepan and melt butter in it at medium heat. Put in brown sugar and cream and stir it properly.
- Boil it and stir it while dissolving sugar. Reduce the heat for 5 minutes to make it thick.
- Pour this sugar and cream mixture over the cake and your sticky toffee pudding is ready to serve.