When it comes to Asian chicken recipes, the sticky glazed Asian chicken dish will always leave a sticky impression. The secret to a tender and juicy chicken breast dish lies in the glaze.
Chicken breasts are a great source of protein, making it the go-to food of those who are monitoring their diets. It builds muscle mass and promotes healthy metabolism. Plus, it’s relatively inexpensive and versatile to cook with.
To make sticky glazed Asian chicken, combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili paste, fish sauce, 5-spice powder, black pepper, and ginger in a bowl. Reserve some of it. Put the chicken pieces in a ziplock bag along with the marinade. Then, bake them for 20 minutes. Put the reserved sauce in a pan and glaze the chicken in it.
Here’s how the main ingredients of the glaze play an essential role in building a lip-smacking and finger-licking flavor profile of this classic recipe:
- Hoisin sauce: Thickens and creates the sticky texture of the sauce while providing sweet and salty flavors.
- Low sodium soy sauce: Adds a well-balanced savory taste that’s not too heavy on your blood pressure.
- Chili Paste: Spices up your chicken dish, making it delectable even for the next day.
- Honey or Brown Sugar: Tempers the spiciness of the chili paste and adds richness to the whole dish.
- Chinese 5 Spice Powder: Provides a complex blend of spiced licorice flavors that’s commonly present in most of your favorite Asian dishes.
It’s one thing to read about these ingredients but it’s another to taste them when they are blended finally. Online grocery shops like Karman Foods also carry these products and other essential Asian ingredients that you can have delivered straight to your doors. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Instant Pot Sesame Chicken– The traditional way of cooking sesame chicken is cutting the chicken breast into bite-sized pieces followed by deep-frying and then tossing the chicken pieces in sticky sauce.
2. Moussaka– This moussaka is an emotion that directly connects you with Greece without even knowing about that region. This preparation is made using the best quality ingredients that are delicious as well.
3. Pressure Cooker Beef Stew– This easy-to-make Pressure Cooker Beef Stew is the perfect cold-weather comfort food. You can have this hearty stew on the table in under an hour from start to finish, but it’ll taste like you let it simmer all day.
4. Chicken Breast– Forget dry chicken with our juicy oven-baked chicken breast recipe! deliciously seasoned before being cooked in the oven until golden with mouthwatering crisp edges.
Sticky Glazed Asian Chicken Recipe
- 1 pound Boneless Chicken Breasts / Thighs
For Sticky Glaze Marinade
- ⅛ cup Hoisin Sauce
- ⅛ cup Low Sodium Soy Sauce
- ⅛ cup Honey
- 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Chili Paste
- ½ tablespoon Fish Sauce
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5-Spice Powder
- 1 teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ tablespoon Ginger (grated)
- Combine hoisin sauce, soy sauce, honey, rice vinegar, chili paste, fish sauce, 5-spice powder, black pepper, and ginger in a bowl. This will make your 2-in-1 glaze and marinade.
- Reserve ⅛ cup of the sauce mixture and pour the rest with the chicken in a zip lock bag.
- Shake the zip lock bag until the chicken is coated with the marinade.
- Marinate the chicken in the fridge for an hour up to a full night, turning the zip lock bag once or twice.
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Place your marinated chicken over a lined baking sheet and roast in the oven for 20 minutes before glazing.
- Using the sauce that you have set aside, pour it into a saucepan and slowly simmer until you achieve a sticky and syrupy consistency.
- Glaze your chicken every 10 minutes until the chicken is cooked and shiny.
- Garnish with sesame seeds and chopped scallions, then serve.