A homemade stew will always be a comfy meal for most of us. Today, I will be sharing the recipe to make stewed mushrooms that you can easily make at home.
A bowl of stew is my comfort meal. I love to have stew, both vegetarian as well as non-vegetarian. When opting for a vegetarian stew, a mushroom stew is what I love the most. It is thick and delicious. It is also really easy to make.
To make mushroom stew, soak mushrooms in hot water for a few minutes. Meanwhile, heat oil in a pot and cook onions in it. Add garlic, thyme, and cloves to it and cook. Now, add some fresh mushrooms and the soaked mushrooms in the prepared mixture and cook it. Pour the mushroom water into the pot. Cook it on low flame to make it thick.
This is just a snippet of the recipe. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Spaghetti Frutti Di– If you are health-conscious then, the spaghetti Frutti di mare recipe is just the one for you. It has a different variety of seafood that is rich in Vitamins A, B, and D. It also has lemon juice that serves your dose of vitamin C.
2. Vegetable Tagine– Vegetable Tagine recipe is just as easy and tasty, and it’s a perfect way to use lots of different vegetables. I’ve included my favorite combination here, but you can use any number of vegetables.
3. Crunchy Sushi Rolls– Making Crunchy Sushi Rolls has never been easy but, now it is with this recipe. Crunchy Roll Sushi is a delicious variation of the popular California Roll. This crunchy roll features shrimp tempura filling and a crispy topping of toasted panko breadcrumbs.
4. Szechuan Vegetables– Szechuan Vegetables are a mix of world-famous pleasurable veggies mixed with sauces to create luxury and scenic beauty on our plates. It has an American origin, Chinese making, and Indie masalas to make it more precise.
Stewed Mushrooms Recipe
- Large Pot
- ½ ounce dried Mushrooms (such as porcini)
- 1 cup Hot Water (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 pinch Ground Cloves
- 2 pounds Assorted Fresh Mushrooms (cut into bite size pieces)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 ½ pounds Tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 quart Vegetable Stock (as needed)
- 4 teaspoons Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Take a bowl of how water and soak mushrooms in it for 20 minutes. Make sure the water covers the mushrooms. Do not drain the liquid; reserve it for later use.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium high flame. Add onions to the pot and cook them for 5 minutes or until they get soft. Now, reduce the flame and stir in thyme, garlic and cloves. Cook them for 2 minutes.
- Now, add fresh mushrooms and the soaked mushrooms to the pot. Cook them until they get tender. This may take 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and the reserved mushroom water to the pot. Cook this over a low flame to make it thick. This will take the time of approximately 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.