A homemade stew will always be a comfy meal for most of us. Today I will be sharing the recipe to make Stewed Mushrooms at home that you can easily make at home.
A bowl of stew is my comfort meal, personally. I love to have stews either vegetarian or non-vegetarian as per my mood. When opting for a vegetarian stew, mushroom stew is what I prefer the most. This recipe turns out delicious. So I thought to share the recipe which I make for myself.
Anyone can make stewed mushrooms by soaking mushrooms in hot water for few minutes. Meanwhile, cook onions in a pot with heated oil. Add garlic, thyme and cloves to it and cook. Now, add some fresh mushrooms and the soaked mushrooms in the prepared mixture and cook it. Pour the mushroom liquid into the pot and cook on the minimum flame to make it thick. And it’s ready.
Are the above details enough to prepare this recipe? No, more details are waiting for you. Follow them precisely and you will get a great tasty meal. You must be eager to know the ingredients to prepare this stew. The list of ingredients you require for this recipe is given below.
Ingredients for Stewed Mushrooms
- ½ ounce Dried Mushrooms (such as porcini)
- 1 cup Hot Water (as needed)
- 2 tablespoons Extra-Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 Yellow Onion (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 1 tablespoon Fresh Thyme Leaves
- 1 pinch Ground Cloves
- 2 pounds Assorted Fresh Mushrooms (cut into bite size pieces)
- Salt and Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- 1 ½ pounds Tomatoes (peeled, seeded and chopped)
- 1 quart Vegetable Stock (as needed)
- 4 teaspoons Chopped Fresh Parsley (as desired)
The ingredients you need to make this recipe are easy to find in any supermarket. Some of them you can even find in your kitchen itself. So make sure to look it in your kitchen first before heading out to the store. Let’s see how much time this dish will need to be made.
How Much Time It Will Prepare Stewed Mushrooms?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|20 minutes||45 minutes||20 minutes||1 hour 25 minutes|
Making Stewed Mushroom will take more than an hour. This recipe might take a little time to be prepared, but it is worth trying. Let’s see the instructions you need to follow.
Steps to Prepare Stewed Mushrooms
- Take a bowl of how water and soak mushrooms in it for 20 minutes. Make the water covers sure mushrooms. Do not drain the liquid; reserve it for later use.
- In a large pot, heat the oil over a medium high flame. Add onions in the pot and cook them for 5 minutes or until they get soft. Now, reduce the flame and stir in thyme, garlic and cloves. Cook them for 2 minutes. Now, add fresh mushrooms and soaked mushrooms in the pot. Cook them till they get tender. This may take 10 minutes.
- Season with salt and pepper. Add tomatoes and the reserved mushroom water to the pot. Cook this over minimum flame to make it thick. This will take the time of approximately 20 minutes.
- Garnish with parsley and serve hot.
This stew will pair best with rice, flatbread or polenta. You can also use lemon wedges to garnish it. You can also serve this with steak or lamb. This is how this vegetarian dish into a non-vegetarian dish.
Nutritional Breakdown of Stewed Mushrooms
Let’s check out the nutrition values present in these stewed mushrooms.
How to Make Stewed Mushrooms at Home | Video
I hope you like the recipe. Also, watch the video I have uploaded of the recipe to know more details.
In case you have any queries, do not hesitate to ask me in the comment section below. I will try to help you with my best knowledge. You can also suggest me some recipe to share with you. This will be a great idea to help you with what you want. Till then, take care and be healthy.