Stewed corn is a healthy recipe that many people think is complex to make. That is why today I am going to share its recipe which is easy and simple.
I love cooking healthy recipes, so I also prefer to share healthy recipes. Corns are a good source of nutrients that we should take into our diet. You must have tried steamed corns or fried corns. But have you ever tried a corn stew? I got the opportunity to try them on my visit to America. Let me tell you, it tastes great. And the process of making them isn’t very hard at all.
To prepare Stewed corns at home, all you need is corn cobs, water, milk, butter, salt and pepper. Scrap the corn and boil them with the other ingredients and you are done. No fancy ingredient is required to make this stew. It is a simple recipe with simple ingredients.
This was just a brief of the recipe. You will learn about more details of the recipe further. Take note of them and you will get a perfect result. From the kids to adults, everyone will like this dish. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
1. Grilled Asparagus– The special thing about this recipe is that it’s so simple. Fresh asparagus with a little oil, salt, and pepper is cooked quickly over high heat on the grill. Enjoy the natural flavor of your veggies.
2. Rumbledethumps– Rumbledethumps is a traditional dish that has its origin from the Scottish borders. It is basically served as a main dish and is very special in Scotland.
3. Boiled Peanuts– Traditional Southern hot boiled peanuts. Raw peanuts boiled in salt water for a salty, shell-shucking-worthy snack.
4. Broiled Pineapple– If you like pineapples, this is a perfect choice because this form of pineapples will change your whole idea about the pineapples. And after having this recipe, you will always like to have pineapples in this form.
Ingredients for Stewed Corn
- 20 ears Fresh Sweet Corn
- 1 cup Milk
- ¼ pound Butter
- Salt and Pepper for taste
Looking at the ingredients, I guess you will be able to find them in your kitchen itself. The ingredients for this recipe are readily accessible at any supermarket. Let’s move on to the preparation time of this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take to Make Stewed Corn?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 minutes||20 minutes||25 minutes|
A good healthy recipe within 30 minutes is what everyone wants. It is an easy and simple recipe. Now let’s move further to the steps involved in making this.
Steps to Make Stewed Corn
- Using a sharp knife, remove kernels from the cob. Add them to a non-aluminum pot.
- Scrap the milk from the cob and put it over the corns.
- Add the remaining ingredients to the pot with ½ cup of water. Bring them to boil over a medium flame.
- Reduce the heat to a minimum for an hour.
- Season and serve hot.
You will love this recipe as a side dish. You can add your choice of vegetables like carrots, beans or peas to this recipe. To make a non-veg version of this stew, you can add bacon, chicken or ham to it.
Nutritional Breakdown of Stewed Corn
Let us see what nutrition value this recipe provides.
In case you have any queries, feel free to write them up in the comment section below. I will be happy to help you with it. If you have any suggestions, use the same section to convey them to me. I will try my best to respond to the same. Have a great day!