Fruits are not only healthy for us to consume but also make a great meal. You can eat them raw or you can even cook them. Cooking a fruit can turn out really amazing and brings more flavor out of it. You can cook them into a sauce, jam, dessert, pie or can even make a drink out of them.
It must be very clear by now that today I am sharing the recipe made of some fruit. So any guesses which fruit will be part of today’s recipe. Ok, let me give a hint- It keeps you away from doctors. Right! It’s apples. So the recipe I am going to share today is Stewed Apples.
It is a simple recipe but has multiple uses. You can use Stewed Apples as a side to a dessert or a dish and you can use them as dessert itself. And yes, I would like to talk to new mommies out there now. This recipe of apples and even be fed to your infant or toddler. It will be a power food for them. So do not forget to introduce your baby to this recipe. I am pretty sure they will love it.
This recipe is something that will be loved by all age groups. Just the ways of consuming them will be different. It is an easy recipe. You can even store this in your refrigerator for weeks. Let’s get started and see how you will make this recipe. So starting with the ingredients first.
1. Vegetable Nuggets– This Veggie Nuggets recipe is healthy, kid friendly, and simple to make. Perfect for lunch boxes and snacks.
2. Roasted Fennels– Roasted vegetables are not only healthy but also taste great. Learning to roast them accurately without overcooking them or making them bitter is what you will learn.
3. Fried Green Tomatoes– Fried green tomatoes are a classic Southern dish made with sliced unripe green tomatoes. They’re a must-have during summer when tomatoes are in season.
4. Sauteed Mushrooms– Sauteed Mushrooms recipe is easy to make and is an absolute delight. It takes only 25 minutes to make sautéed mushrooms at home. Well, half an hour isn’t much of a time to get such a delicious dish at your plates.
Ingredients for Stewed Apples
|Apples (peeled, cored, quartered)||500 g|
|Caster sugar||50 g|
These ingredients are readily available at any supermarket near you. Just grab them and get started with it, so dive into the sweetness of this dish. Also, take a look at the time you will need to make this recipe.
How Much Time It Will Take?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 minutes||20 minutes||30 minutes|
This dessert needs 30 minutes. Isn’t it great? I know how happy you must be now as most recipes like this take a lot of time in their preparation. Now, follow the below-given steps to start with it.
Stewed Apples Recipe
- Take a pan and add all the ingredients together in it. Cover it and cook it over medium flame. After a boil, cook them for 5 more minutes.
- Stir it once. As the apple starts getting dissolved and turns fluffy, cook for 2 minutes. Taste the mixture once to check the sugar.
- Leave the mixture to cool down and refrigerate.
- Serve when needed.
You can add some cinnamon, nutmeg or cloves to spice up the stew. If you are adding cloves, remember to remove the cloves before serving.
Nutritional Breakdown of Stewed Apples
How to Make Stewed Apples at Home | Video
Here is the video to help you in every step. If you want to know more details of the recipe, kindly watch this video as it will be a great help to you.
Give this recipe a try and share with me your reviews for this recipe. You can ask your queries without any hesitation. If you have any other recipe in mind that you want me to share, please write it up in the comment section below. I will be glad to share that recipe too. Your suggestions are always welcome. Have a good day!