This spring cook Steamed Asparagus at home and serve as a side dish in your meals. Asparagus is the versatile spring veggie which goes by its folk name “sparrow grass”. The roots of this perennial flower plant are used as a spring vegetable.
In my family, steamed asparagus is made very often during summertime. I used to assist my mother in cooking steamed asparagus at home and in this process, I too learnt to cook it. This dish is an absolute delight even savoured by the kids.
So, in this article, I will tell you how to make steamed asparagus at home. But here are some other amazing recipes that you should definitely try.
1. Arkansas Green Beans– It is a delectable side dish with your main meal course. This recipe is a makeover of green beans with sweetness.
2. Christmas Green Beans– Christmas green beans are dressed up with pimentos and chopped pecans that are caramelized in butter and honey. A simple, healthy side dish to complete your family dinner.
3. Crack Green Beans– Crack Green Beans will have even the pickiest eater begging for seconds. This recipe is a great dish to take to any potluck and makes a delicious and easy side at any dinner party.
4. Smashed Brussels Sprouts– Smashed Brussels Sprouts take the most tantalizing part of any roasted vegetable—the crispy, caramelized bits on the outsides—from enticing feature to star attraction.
Ingredients required for Steamed Asparagus Recipe
|Asparagus spears||1 bunch|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes|
Steamed Asparagus Recipe
- Take a steamer pan set.
- Fill its bottom half with water. After adding salt and butter, let it boil.
- Cut off the try ends of asparagus.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the thick spears of asparagus.
- Now, keep them on the top of the pan set.
- Considering the thickness of asparagus spears, steam them in steamer pan set for 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional information of Steamed Asparagus Recipe
|Dietary fiber||2.3 gm|
|Saturated fats||0.7 gm|
|Vitamin A||889.3 IU|
|Vitamin C||6.4 mg|