This spring cook Steamed Asparagus at home and serve as a side dish in your meals. Asparagus is the versatile spring veggie which goes by its folk name “sparrow grass”. The roots of this perennial flower plant are used as a spring vegetable.
In my family, steamed asparagus is made very often during summertime. I used to assist my mother in cooking steamed asparagus at home and in this process, I too learnt to cook it. This dish is an absolute delight even savoured by the kids.
So, in this article, I will tell you how to make steamed asparagus at home. Without further ado, let us check out the Steamed Asparagus Recipe.
Ingredients required for Steamed Asparagus Recipe
|Asparagus spears||1 bunch|
How much time will it take?
|Preparation time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 minutes||5 minutes||15 minutes|
Steamed Asparagus Recipe
- Take a steamer pan set.
- Fill its bottom half with water. After adding salt and butter, let it boil.
- Cut off the try ends of asparagus.
- Use a vegetable peeler to peel the thick spears of asparagus.
- Now, keep them on the top of the pan set.
- Considering the thickness of asparagus spears, steam them in steamer pan set for 5 to 10 minutes.
Nutritional information of Steamed Asparagus Recipe
|Dietary fiber||2.3 gm|
|Saturated fats||0.7 gm|
|Vitamin A||889.3 IU|
|Vitamin C||6.4 mg|