Let’s talk about one of the most irresistible snacks ever – potato fries! We all love it. But today, how about trying something different than potato fries. It’s the steak fries recipe guys!
They’re basically potato wedges that are roasted until they’re crispy. They’re thicker than French fries, and make for the perfect side dish with burgers, wraps, dips, guacamole, salsa, and more. So, let’s look at the recipe.
To make steak fries, preheat the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit. Meanwhile, cut potatoes into wedges, and season them well. Grease the baking dish with oil spray, and spread the wedges evenly. Roast the wedges for thirty minutes, and your steak fries are ready.
I believe that roasting the potato makes the interior much creamier than frying it. And the bonus is that it’s less oily too. So, be careful not to over-roast the potato wedges, and keep them golden brown. What a satisfying snack it makes!
So, what are we waiting for? I am quickly going to share the list of ingredients you’d require. The list is going to be teeny-weeny. Also, there are other recipes that you can have as starters, let’s check them out.
Other Starter Recipes That You Can Try
- American Vegetable Chop Suey Recipe
- Mutton Shami Kabab Recipe
- Beer Battered Halibut Recipe
- Spicy Cheese Cracker Recipe
- Low Country Boil Recipe
- Cullen Skink Recipe
- She-Crab Soup Recipe
- Peameal Bacon Recipe
- Mushroom Bisque Recipe
- Minestrone Soup Recipe
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Steak Fries?
- Oven – Bake potato wedges in the oven at 400 degrees Fahrenheit.
- Baking Sheet – Spread potato evenly on the baking sheet.
- Knife – Cut potatoes into wedges using a knife.
- Brush – Brush the potato wedges with oil.
- Bowl – Use bowl to make the seasoning mix, and season the potato wedges.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Steak Fries?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|10 Minutes||40 Minutes||50 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Steak Fries?
- Gold Potatoes – Gold potatoes have a buttery, and creamy texture, makes them ideal for steak fries recipe.
- Olive Oil – Brush the top of potato wedges with olive oil. It will help them become crispy, and golden brown.
- Onion Powder – For pungent taste, season the wedges with onion powder.
- Garlic Powder – Complement your potato wedges with garlic powder as it will add nice savory flavor to them.
- Smoked Paprika – To make your steak fries spicy, sprinkle smoked paprika. It will make the best flavor for roasted steak fries.
- Kosher Salt – Bring out all the flavors of steak fries with kosher salt.
- Black Pepper – For mild spiciness, sprinkle black pepper on the top of steak fries.
Steps To Make Steak Fries
1. Before Baking
Choose gold potatoes of uniform size, and cut them into wedges. Cut each potato in half lengthwise, and then each half into four pieces lengthwise. You can leave the skin on for added texture, and nutrients or take it off if you prefer.
2. Preheat The Oven
Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Fahrenheit, and grease the baking pan with cooking spray. This will prevent the fries from sticking to the baking pan. Also, you can microwave the potato wedges for five minutes before roasting.
3. Season And Roast
Scatter the potato wedges on the baking pan, and brush a little olive oil on top of the wedges. Season the wedges with kosher salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, and smoked paprika. Toss the potato wedges.
Roast the potato wedges in the preheated oven for thirty minutes. After thirty minutes, take the baking pan out of the oven, and flip the potato wedges using tongs. Return the baking pan to the oven, and roast for another ten minutes.
Delicious and crispy steak fries are perfect as a side dish. Serve them hot, and enjoy.
How Will Steak Fries Look And Taste Like?
If you’re a fan of crispy, and savory potatoes, then you’re going to love steak fries! These delicious fries are a blend of flavorful seasoning.
The crisp outer with the mushy, hot interior is just delish. As you savor the flavors, you’ll notice a hint of spiciness, warmth, and the pungent notes.
Steak fries looks golden brown color on the outside, and creamy yellow on the inside. The seasonings will be visible as well, adding to the visual appeal of the dish.
Steak Fries Recipe
- Baking Sheet
- 4 Gold Potatoes (medium-sized)
- 3 tablespoons Olive Oil
- ½ teaspoons Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoons Garlic Powder
- 1 teaspoon Smoked Paprika
- ½ teaspoon Kosher Salt
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- Cut the potatoes into wedges of proper size (neither too thick nor too thin). I cut down the middle of the potato length-wise and then cut each half into four pieces length-wise. I prefer to keep the skin of the potato; you may take it off.
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees Celsius and glaze the baking pan with cooking spray.
- Pro tip: microwave the potato wedges for 5 minutes before roasting.
- Now, add olive oil to the baking pan (brush it all over) and scatter the potato wedges on it. Brush a little olive oil on top of the wedges.
- Season the wedges with salt, black pepper, onion powder, garlic powder, smoked paprika (or any other seasoning of your choice) and roast for 30 minutes.
- Now, take them out, flip them and roast for another 10 minutes.
- Check on the fries to make sure they don’t burn. And, they’re ready! You may sprinkle in more salt, if needed, before serving.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can I leave the skin on the potato?
Yes, you can leave the skin on the potato if you prefer. The skin adds a nice crunch and nutrients to the dish.
How do I prevent the fries from sticking to the baking pan?
Grease the baking pan with cooking spray before adding the potato wedges.
What should I do if the fries start to burn?
Keep an eye on the fries while they roast to make sure they don’t burn. If they start to brown too quickly, reduce the oven temperature.
Can I use different seasonings for the steak fries?
Yes, you can use rosemary, thyme, or cumin.
Well, the steak fries does take a bit longer than usual to cook. The roasted fries coming out of the oven will melt your heart, and every minute spent on the fries will seem to be worth it.
If you are a fries lover, I hope you enjoy steak fries at home. Do leave your suggestions, or feedback in the comment section below. See you soon with more such recipes. Thanks for stopping by.