A good classic dish is what we all want to make at home. This recipe will fulfill the purpose. I will be sharing the recipe of Steak Diane.
This recipe serves steak cooked in butter and flambéed with cognac. It is a perfect meal for dinner. You will love this classic recipe. I wanted to cook steak in some other way than grilling. So this recipe looked perfect. I tried the recipe and without any second thought I decided to share it with you all.
Steak Diane is made by cooking the steaks in a non-stick pan to medium-rare. Then, cook shallots, mushrooms, garlic and butter. Now, add some cognac and set alight the pan. As the flame gets out, pour Worcestershire sauce with Dijon Mustard. Cook them for a few minutes and add double cream to it. Cook till the mixture gets thick. Season with chopped parsley, salt and pepper.
You need to follow the above mentioned steps in more detailed form. The details are explained below. Here is the list of ingredients you must fetch to get started.
Ingredients For Steak Diane
- 4 fillet steaks
- 1 banana shallot (finely diced)
- 1 garlic clove (sliced)
- 80g of button mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 knob of butter
- 100ml of cognac
- 1 tsp Worcestershire sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon mustard
- 150ml of double cream
- 1 handful of parsley leaves (finely chopped)
- olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
Make a list of the ingredients before heading out to the supermarket. Do not forget to check your pantry first as you may find few or all of them there. Now take a look at the time this dish takes to be prepared.
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Steak Diane?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
A perfectly cooked steak will be ready within an hour. No wonder this will be a perfect treat at home. Check out the steps you need to follow to make this classic dish at home.
Steps To Make Steak Diane
- Take a non-stick pan and place it on high flame. Add oil and heat it. As the oil gets heated up, add steaks to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook them medium-rare. As it achieves the desired texture, remove it from the pan, cover them with foil and keep them in a warm place.
- Using the same pan, cook shallots and garlic over medium flame. As the shallots begin to soften, add mushrooms and a knob of butter.
- Cook the mushroom till they become soft. Add cognac and tilt the pan towards the flame to set alight. You can use a match even for this. As the flame turns off, pour in Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard.
- Cook it for few minutes and add double cream to it. Now, cook it till it gets slightly thick. Season this with salt and pepper, and then add some chopped parsley to it. Mix them well.
- Place the steaks on the plate with this prepared mixture and some green vegetables.
You can choose any green vegetable of your choice. Saute them and add to the plate.
Nutritional Breakdown of Steak Diane
Take a look at the nutritional composition of this recipe.
How To Make Steak Diane At Home | Video
This dish is a perfect meal for a weekend or any busy day. Don’t worry if you are unclear about some steps. I have uploaded a similar video with the so watch it and cook it as per it.
If you have any questions regarding the dish, you can ask in the section below. If you like this recipe and want more such recipes, then write some suggestions in the comment section. I will try to get back to you. I hope you will like it. So have fun making them. I would love to hear from you the reviews. Enjoy steak-ing!