Steak Diane is a classic steak dish. The steak is cooked to medium-rare and then, served with a sauce. The sauce is made with shallots, mushrooms, garlic, butter, cognac, sauces, and double cream.
This recipe serves steak cooked in butter and flambéed with cognac. It is a perfect meal for dinner. You will love this classic recipe. I wanted to cook steak in some other way than grilling. So, this recipe looked perfect. I tried the recipe and without any second thought, I decided to share it with you all.
To make steak Diane, cook the steaks in a non-stick pan. Then, cook shallots, mushrooms, garlic, and butter in it. Now, add some cognac and set alight the pan. Then, add Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard. Cook them for a few minutes and add double cream to them. Cook the mixture until thick. Season the sauce with parsley, salt, and pepper and serve it with steak.
If you don’t have cognac at hand, you can simply use any of its substitutes. Here is a list of cognac substitutes for you.
You need to follow the above-mentioned steps in a more detailed form. The details are explained below. There are other main course recipes on our blog as well that you should also check.
1. Beef Neck Bones– This Beef Neck Bones recipe requires a lot of time to be tender and luscious, but it’s definitely worth the effort.
2. Braciole– Braciole is a classic Italian dish made with thin slices of meat and its filling is cooked in wine-infused sauce. So all the wine lovers will relish this without a doubt.
3. Beef Salami– This homemade salami is good for party trays. It can be served on a platter with sliced cheese and crackers, or just eaten in a sandwich.
4. Sous Vide Broccoli– Broccoli is one of the vegetables that we should have in our diet. The reason why I am saying this is because Broccoli has some major health benefits like it is a major source for some major nutrients for our body like Vitamin A, C, E, K.
What's In The Post
Ingredients For Steak Diane
- 4 Fillet Steaks
- 1 Banana Shallot (finely diced)
- 1 clove Garlic (sliced)
- 80g Button Mushrooms (sliced)
- 1 knob of Butter
- 100ml Cognac
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon Mustard
- 150 ml Double Cream
- 1 handful Parsley Leaves (finely chopped)
- Olive Oil
- Freshly Ground Black Pepper
How Much Time Will It Take To Make Steak Diane?
|Preparation Time||Cooking time||Total time|
|10 Minutes||30 Minutes||40 Minutes|
Steps To Make Steak Diane
- Take a non-stick pan and place it on high flame. Add oil and heat it. As the oil gets heated up, add steaks to the pan and cook for 3-4 minutes on each side. Cook them medium-rare. As it achieves the desired texture, remove it from the pan, cover them with foil and keep them in a warm place.
- Using the same pan, cook shallots and garlic over medium flame. As the shallots begin to soften, add mushrooms and a knob of butter.
- Cook the mushroom till they become soft. Add cognac and tilt the pan towards the flame to set alight. You can use a match even for this. As the flame turns off, pour in Worcestershire sauce and Dijon mustard.
- Cook it for few minutes and add double cream to it. Now, cook it till it gets slightly thick. Season this with salt and pepper, and then add some chopped parsley to it. Mix them well.
- Place the steaks on the plate with this prepared mixture and some green vegetables.
Nutritional Breakdown of Steak Diane