Starbucks is one of the biggest coffee house chains in the world, with its outlets worldwide. You will love a smoked butterscotch latte if you are a Starbucks fan.
To make Starbucks smoked butterscotch latte, add brewed coffee, butterscotch syrup, and molasses in a cup. Now, pour whipped cream over the coffee and serve.
Dairy milk is a perfect choice for a Starbucks latte because it is great for frothing. However, feel free to use your preferred dairy or non-dairy milk. Just take note that your chosen milk might not froth as well.
So now, let’s see the Starbucks smoked butterscotch latte recipe. But before jumping onto it, let’s gather the ingredients required to make this Starbucks latte at home.
What's In The Post
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte?
- Coffee Cup – Prepare the smoked butterscotch latte in a coffee cup by combining everything.
- Spoon – Stir molasses and pour whipped cream over the coffee with a spoon.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte?
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte?
- Brewed Coffee – Pour a shot of brewed coffee into a cup to add refreshing sweetness to the latte.
- Milk – When it comes to the latte, we will use whole milk, giving the latte a smooth foam without being overwhelmingly creamy.
- Butterscotch Syrup – You need a few drops of butterscotch syrup for a creamy, buttery taste with deep brown caramelized notes accent and warm sweetness.
- Whipped Cream – Garnish whipped cream as it will lighten the rich latte, adding richness to the coffee.
- Molasses – This increases the rich sweetness and smokiness of the latte.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar gives smoked butterscotch latte a more sophisticated and nuanced flavor.
Steps To Make Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte
1. Brew And Sue
Take a coffee cup and add strongly brewed coffee to it. Now add the butterscotch syrup and molasses in it and stir well.
Take the whipped cream and carefully pour it over the top of the coffee using a spoon.
Now sprinkle brown sugar on the top and serve immediately.
Your Starbucks authentic smoked butterscotch latte is ready. After trying this homemade latte, you won’t be able to tell the difference between the homemade one and the original one.
How Will Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte Look And Taste Like?
If you are wondering how a smoked butterscotch latte tastes, it has a hint of smoke with a subtle flavor of butterscotch. Its crowning glory is some milky foam or whipped cream.
The new Starbucks smoked butterscotch latte has the comforting smell of strong espresso and contains bitter caramel and creamy butter. This drink is just perfect for the colder days of spring.
Starbucks Smoked Butterscotch Latte Recipe
- Coffee Cup
- 4 ounces Strongly Brewed Coffee
- 4 ounces Milk
- 2 teaspoons Butterscotch Syrup
- 2 tablespoons Whipped Cream
- 1 teaspoon Molasses
- ½ teaspoon Brown Sugar (To Garnish)
- Take a coffee cup and add strongly brewed coffee to it.
- Now add the butterscotch syrup and molasses in it and stir well.
- Take the whipped cream and carefully pour it over the top of the coffee using a spoon.
- Now sprinkle brown sugar on the top and serve immediately.
- And Starbucks authentic smoked butterscotch latte is ready.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Is butterscotch just caramel?
Some people think butterscotch tastes a lot like caramel, and while they’re very similar in terms of ingredients and flavor, they aren’t the same.
Cooking sugar and butter is involved in making caramel and butterscotch, but the types of sugar used differ.
Does Starbucks still have smoked butterscotch latte?
Unfortunately, the smoked butterscotch latte was a seasonal drink, and hasn’t come back yet. At least you can make this delicious copycat recipe and enjoy it at home!
How do I order a smoked butterscotch latte?
Although Starbucks doesn’t sell their smoked butterscotch syrup anymore, you can order something similar. Simply ask for equal pumps of caramel and toffee nut syrups in a standard latte.
What is in a smoked butterscotch latte?
Our Starbucks copycat latte recipe contains just four simple ingredients: homemade butterscotch sauce, coffee, cream, and molasses.
I hope you’ve liked this recipe for smoked butterscotch latte. I highly recommend you to try this Starbucks authentic recipe at home. Till then, stay tuned for more recipes like these.