We all associate the flavor of pumpkin spice with fall. Starbucks is one of the coffee places that serves some of the best pumpkin spiced everything, from beverages to desserts! Now with the hot chocolate season up soon, how about combining pumpkin spice with a decadent cup of hot chocolate? Here is the recipe for pumpkin spice hot chocolate!
Pumpkin spice is one of those flavors that immediately reminds us of fall. Starbucks comes up with new beverages every now and then and especially around fall! Pumpkin spice is one of their most popular beverages that they serve around this time of year, that too everywhere in the world.
But, isn’t it a shame that these beverages are available only around fall? I mean whoever said that you cannot enjoy a hot cup of pumpkin spice when it isn’t autumn? This recipe for pumpkin spice hot chocolate literally combined the best of both worlds and two holidays together!
This way, you can easily enjoy a cup of pumpkin spice hot chocolate all year round! You won’t have to wait around until Starbucks comes up with their fall specials to have one of these! Moreover, most of the ingredients that we will be using will all be present in your pantry, so you won’t have to worry about any grocery shopping either!
Now that sounds like fun, right?! In this article, you will learn all about how to make this pumpkin spice hot chocolate at home, starting from the equipment to the nutritional values and everything else in between! Now, let us take a look at this recipe!
What Equipment Will You Need To Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate?
- Measuring Cups – It is always better to get the measurements right when it comes to copycat recipes. So, a set of measuring cups will be needed to get that perfect balance of flavors in this recipe.
- Measuring Spoons – For some of the ingredients that are needed in very small amounts, a set of measuring spoons will be needed to measure them out.
- Saucepan – A large saucepan will be needed to mix all the ingredients together and heat them over medium heat, to get the consistency right of the hot chocolate.
- Whisk – A whisk will be needed to mix all the ingredients together, while making this hot chocolate.
- Mugs – Lastly, to serve the hot chocolate, you will need two large mugs.
How Much Time Will You Need To Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate?
|Preparation Time||Cooking Time||Total Time|
|5 Minutes||10 Minutes||15 Minutes|
What Ingredients Will You Need To Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate?
- Chocolate – To make this recipe, dark chocolate is one of the main ingredients. So, you will need dark chocolate chunks or chips for this recipe, about ½ cup.
- Cocoa Powder – Here, we will also be adding cocoa powder to this recipe for extra flavor, and you will need about ½ cup of unsweetened cocoa powder to get a yield of two cups.
- Brown Sugar – Brown sugar will help sweeten the whole recipe and also give it a malty flavor, as compared to using regular white sugar.
- Pumpkin Puree – In this recipe, almost ¾ cup of pumpkin puree is what will give it that distinct fall flavor.
- Milk – To get a creamy consistency of the hot chocolate, I would suggest using three cups of whole milk.
- Water – For this recipe, you will need ½ cup of water, just to get the consistency right.
- Pumpkin Pie Spice – Lastly, to end this on a proper fall note, you will need two teaspoons of pumpkin pie spice to top off the hot chocolate.
Steps To Make Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
1. Mix It All Up
This recipe is really easy and not time consuming at all, so you can expect your hot chocolate to be perfectly ready, just with a single step! Start off by adding the milk, pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, brown sugar, milk and cocoa powder to a saucepan and heat till it all comes to a boil.
After that, add in the chocolate and reduce the flame to low, letting it melt. Make sure you stir the hot chocolate with a whisk every now and then, while the chocolate is melting. Once done, take it off the heat and serve in your favorite mugs!
Extras That You Can Serve Along With Your Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate
Although you may already know about the various ways to serve one of these fall treats, I thought I would tell you about some of my favorite ways to serve this pumpkin spice hot chocolate! So, here goes
- Whipped Cream – Whipped cream makes one of the easiest and best toppings to go with hot chocolate, including this pumpkin spice flavored one!
- Vanilla Ice Cream – If a combination of hot and cold textures is something that you like, then vanilla ice cream makes a good addition to this recipe.
- Cinnamon – More spice with the hot chocolate? Yes, please! Cinnamon is one of the best spices to add to this recipe, to get a load of an extra delicious flavor!
|Saturated Fat||10 g|
|Polyunsaturated Fat||1 g|
|Monounsaturated Fat||5 g|
|Trans Fat||1 g|
|Vitamin A||7457 IU|
|Vitamin C||2 mg|
How Will The Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Look And Taste Like?
Although it may not sound like as big of a deal now, initially, this whole concept seemed like a weird thing to many. How can the flavors of fall be combined with hot chocolate? But, once everyone tried it out, they realized just how wonderful this combination can be!
This pumpkin spice hot chocolate actually looks exactly like what you would expect the Starbucks version of it to look like. The little dash of pumpkin spice does add a lot to the entirety of this recipe, even more so if paired with whipped cream too!
As far as flavors go, again, you can expect nothing but the best out of this recipe! The pumpkin spice combined with the chocolate creates a great balance. Moreover, the addition of the brown sugar adds a malty flavor, which completely elevates the flavor of this beverage!
Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Hot Chocolate Recipe
- Measuring cups
- Measuring Spoons
- 1/2 cup Dark Chocolate (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened Cocoa Powder
- 1/4 cup Brown Sugar
- 3/4 cup Pumpkin Puree
- 3 cups Milk
- 1/2 cup Water
- Pumpkin Pie Spice
- In a large saucepan, add the milk, pumpkin puree, cocoa powder, water and pumpkin spice.
- Cook on a medium heat until everything is combined and comes to a boil.
- Then, add in the chocolate chunks and heat over a low heat, stirring constantly.
- Once the chocolate has melted, add them to the mugs and serve with your favorite sides!
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Can this recipe be made with store bought pumpkin puree?
Yes, this recipe can be made with store bought pumpkin puree.
Can this recipe be made vegan?
Yes, you can use plant based ingredients to make this recipe.
Can cream be added to this recipe?
Yes, if you would like, you can add some heavy cream to this recipe if you would like.
Can shaved chocolate be added as a garnish to this recipe?
Yes, you can add shaved chocolate as a garnish to this recipe, if you would like.
Can this recipe be made with white chocolate?
White chocolate might make the hot chocolate a bit too sweet, however, you can try this recipe with white chocolate of the same quantity, if you would like.
This recipe for pumpkin spice hot chocolate truly combines the best of both worlds! The decadence of the dark chocolate combined with the pumpkin spice and also the pumpkin puree, create a great symphony of flavors. With this recipe, you can enjoy a hot cup of pumpkin spice hot chocolate at any time of the year!